A Successful Return?

Max, Rex and Zoe, along with their dinos, had gone with Rock to walk to his house.

Rock had the Spinosaurus, in chibi mode, by his side. He had the water stone and the move card in his pocket.

"So, how old are you guys?" He asked.

"We're twelve" they answered.

"Twelvies, huh?"

"...so how old are you?" Zoe asked him.

"I'm fourteen" he replied and abruptly asked; "this is really random but how come you guys can speak English if you're Japanese?...I'm just curious"

"Oh. We learn it at school, my dad travels around the world as well because he's a paleontologist, and speaks to people in English, so he taught us English too." Max replied.

Rock chuckled and stopped walking. "This is my house. I'll go in and talk to my parents, OK?" He said, turning the spino back into a card, and walked in.

Zoe turned to Max and Rex. "Do you guys think this is awesome? We might have a new member join the D-team!" She laughed, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Ah, yeah...sure" They replied in uncertainty.

☆☆☆

In Rock's house:

Rock was surprised to find his siblings being quieter than usual. Probably because they were tired of running around after chocolates. He called out to his mum.

"Yes Rock?" She answered.

"Mum...uh...well am I allowed to go to my friends for the week or two?"

"Two weeks!?" She said, in shock.

"Yeah. We need to practice our rugby skills and do our school work" he lied. "Of course we aren't only going to be doing those things"

"Hun, your asking for a lot. But I'll think about it." She sighed.

"Mum, it is the holidays. Please? You won't have to buy so much food then, and wash tonnes of clothes" he pleaded.

His mum sighed and finally agreed. "You have to ask your dad and see what he says though."

"OK"

Rock ran to his dad's room. "Dad?"

"Yeah?" His dad replied.

"Can I stay at a friend's for two weeks?"

"Did you say for two weeks? And which friend?"

"Yeah, two weeks, me and Takare are going to practice rugby and stuff, he said we'd be going to Taupo as well. His brother has gone to his mate's, so he's bored."

"You need two weeks to practice rugby at a friend's?"

"Well that's not all we're gonna do...though I do want to take the training seriously and I want to try get the rugby award again this year" Rock added.

"Well...what does mum say?"

"She said I could"

"Fine. How are you going to get there?" His dad asked.

Rock hesitated for a second but then quickly said; "He said I could meet him by the park, I could just walk to there and wait, and his mum will pick me up."

"When are you planning on going? You're going to have to pack a lot"

"At around three, if that's OK"

His dad thought for a second but then agreed. "Get packing boy!"

Rock grinned and went off to tell Max, Rex and Zoe, humming to himself.