As many different thoughts plague my mind, I wasn't aware that I was having a sudden panic attack. All the sounds around me became muffled and I can only hear the pounding of my heart and my heavy breathing.

However, it all died down once I suddenly felt someone embrace me and it was Ran.

"Calm down, Y/n. It's alright now." He cooed and my tears suddenly flowed as I hugged him back, needing the comfort of someone at that moment.

But after I finally calmed down, I can't even look him in the eyes. Guilty that I have used him to gain information for someone else.

I only looked down and tightly gripped the bed covers as tears began to well in my eyes again. He didn't say anything about the thing that was once in my head.

"Here, you should eat something." He said and handed me a plate of rabbit-sliced apples.

I just shook my head to refuse since I wasn't feeling hungry at all. I don't even have an appetite, to begin with.

"Come on, sweetheart. You're not just eating for yourself, right? Are you gonna let our little sugar starve?" He asked and pointed at my belly.

I only laid back down and covered myself with a blanket, turning against him.

"Y/n, the doctor told me that you have trouble speaking but they said that we can go back home tomorrow." He said.

Home...

That place isn't my home. I don't deserve to be there nor to be with Ran. I'm just a selfish person that used him for what I need.

 I'm just a selfish person that used him for what I need

▬ 𝗥𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 | 𝗔 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

It was quiet. Only the sound of the cars could be heard as I was driving us back home.

I plan on confronting her about the issue after she recovers. After seeing her panic yesterday when she woke up, I didn't have the strength to press her for answers.

All I can do now is to look after her and keep the others at bay. I was lucky to have Koko seal his lips on the matter but I don't know how long he can stay silent.

Arriving in front of our house, I opened the door and let her go inside first. Takeshi immediately greeted us with a warm welcome and asked how Y/n is feeling though I told him that she could only nod or shake her head for now.

"Takeshi, can you prepare a clean towel? Take it to our room" I said as I smiled and he nodded.

As Y/n turned around, I immediately carried her in a bridal style which made her squeak.

"P-put m-e d-d-down pl-lease." She struggled to say as she was tapping my shoulder.

"No can do, sweetheart. I can't have you rolling down the stairs now, can I? Just relax and I'll carry you to our room." I said and went to our room, putting her down on the bed.