Somethings not right

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry about that Ranpo"

"It's fine those types of things happen."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened after that?"

"Well I was told to come here and visit a police academy, I enrolled there, it wasn't my cup of tea, to say the least," he lightened up after that.

"That didn't last very long I assume," I joked.

"You would assume correctly, I ended up bouncing from job to job after that I worked at a military post, construction site, and a post office before I got an interview with the president," He said.

"Mr. Fukuzawa?" 

"Yes but not quite, he was a client of Fukuzawa. A secretary murdered the president at that time, and I being the genius that I was figured it out and explained it to him over lunch. He was so impressed by my personality and intelligence that he created the armed detective agency for me to solve cases" He explained.

"And?" I asked

Ranpo turned to me, "And I've been in the agency ever since." He then turned back to the street, "Looks like the rain cleared up. Ready?" He stands up.

I stand up as well, "Yep, let's go." We finally took to the wet quiet streets with nothing but cars and a daring few filling it once again.

Timeskip

"Were back!" Ranpo and I enter the agency, our presence being announced by Ranpo. I observed the agency and noticed some of the members were missing. Those people being Atsushi, Dazai, and Mr.Kunikida. We greeted Kenji, Mrs. Yosano, and the clerks before heading into Mr. Fukuzawa's office, Ranpo laid out on the couch while I was forced to stand up. 

Mr.s Fukuzawa turned his attention to us, "How'd the case go?" he asked. 

Ranpo pulled out a lollipop from thin air and put it in his mouth before throwing the wrapper at the garbage and missing, "Pretty boring, I let her take over halfway through"

"yeah, Mr. Fukuzawa I found the body all on my own!" I exclaimed with excitement. 

"Y/n maybe you shouldn't be bragging about a dead body." Fukuzawa advised, "other than that well done. I hope you can accompany Ranpo on more cases since you two seem to work well enough together"

"Yeah, that would be cool. By the way, I know it's earlier than usual but can I go I have a project I want to work on for school."

"Yes, It's quite alright"

"Thank you, bye Mr. Fukuzawa, Bye Ranpo," I said before closing the door behind me and leaving while saying, goodbyes to Kenji and Yosano. I started heading toward school. I entered the mostly quiet school, its bareness evident other than some late-lasting clubs. I walked to the art room and observed the student projects on the walls on the way there. I opened the door to find Mrs. Saeko working on a new painting. This one is set in the mountains, unlike her previous painting.

 She turned away from the piece before asking me a question I was dreading to answer, "Ah Y/n, have you called Kouyo yet?" 

I decided to suck it up and answer her, albeit nervously, "No, not yet. It's just, I don't know how this works so I was hoping you could help me talk to her?"

"Of course dear, all you had to do was ask, let's give her a call" I grabbed my phone and the card out of my pocket before dialing the number. It rang twice before It was answered by a woman with a lower voice, she answered  the phone with hostility but also a sense of grace and elegance, "This is Kouyo Ozaki, may I know who I'm speaking with?"

"Hi Kouyo, it's Saeko" Mrs. Saeko spoke as if they were friends.

 "Saeko, it's lovely to speak with you, I was just about to contact you about a new painting."Mrs. Koyou was just as friendly toward Mrs. Saeko.

"That's excellent because I have the student I was telling you about and she's just starting in the business. I was wondering if she could come in my place." Mrs. Saeko suggested to Mrs. Kouyo. 

"Is that so? I'd be delighted to be her first client. May I speak to her?" 

"Yes, she's right here," the phone is passed to me.

"Hello Mrs. Kouyo, I'm the student L/n Y/n" I answered with as much confidence as I could muster. 

"Hello dear, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'd like a painting of my new office. Would you be free and willing to paint it?" 

"Yes, of course, thank you so much, ma'am" 

"Would tomorrow at 4 work for you" she suggested. 

"Yes, Thank you so much, ma'am, Goodbye"

"Goodbye dear"

Hey, guys sorry for not posting in so long. I'm in the process of moving with my parents right now, so things are pretty hectic. I've been so busy with packing so I haven't had much time to write and I have been struggling to try and connect things I'm planning. But your guys' support has re-inspired me to keep writing. I have more chapters in the work so they'll be here eventually. Thank you if you can vote pls and comment I love replying to your guys' comments cause you guys are so sweet! 

-Author