"Y-Yeah!" You said looking at him. "Let's go to the human realm together!"

Hunter got up and out of nowhere, he hugged you. "Thanks for making me feel better.." 

You were always the one to initiate hugs, and for the first time, he hugged you first. With shaking hands you touched his back.

"No problem!" You laugh nervously. Dear titan, dear titan, I'm falling for my best friend. Stop. Stop. Stop!  You let go and touched his waist as he touched your arms. You started grinning nervously. 

He tilted his head confused. Why were you acting so weird now?

"Hey! I have an idea! The Coven's Day Parade is tonight! We should go!" You said. 

He smiled. "Together? Sure. We go every year." He said. "Here's another idea, let's go somewhere high and watch the parade from there. We could bring a blanket and a basket of food. You know like a-"

Date?  You thought.

"-picnic."

Right. Right. Right. A picnic.

You nodded. "Yeah! Yeah. Sure! You grab the blankets, and I'll make some food." You said. Hunter nodded.

"Alright,"

6:03pm

"Hey! Hunter!" You called from a roof. "Up here!"

Hunter looked up. He wore a coven scout cloak, hood down. He must have borrowed it from another guard. He has to clean his cloak. The Blight's abomination goo got on it.

Flapjack turned to a staff and Hunter flew up and landed on the roof. He held a puffy red and yellow blanket.

"Hey!" He said grinning. "You picked a great spot!"

You smiled putting your hands behind your back. "Thanks, love-- I MEAN BESTIE! YEAH- UM-"

Hunter blinked at you. "Did you almost call me-"

"LOOK, I BROUGHT FOOD!" You held up the basket of food you made and collected in his face. He leaned back surprised and tilted his head, momentarily distracted. 

"Oh- Good. It should be start soon."

You nodded. "YEAH, LET ME TAKE THE BLANKET-" You started forward to grab it from his arms but slipped over a bottle of soda. Hunter caught you by your shoulders. 

He gently moved his hands down to your arms making you shiver. "Are you okay?"

"I- Uhhh..." 

You seemed so aware of him. How his eyes aren't just a dark magenta, but also a bright pink. The way he naturally smelled of pine and soap. The mint in his breath. The gap in his teeth. 

Your eyes land on the scar on his face. In all your years of knowing him, you didn't know where it came from. When you were fourteen (as was Hunter) one day, he didn't have it.

 Then he went on a gone-missing hiatus, for about a six months, and when he came back? There it was. Belos told you at the time that Hunter was on a very important mission. And you believed him.

Unconsciously, you brought your fingers up and touched it lightly. He seemed startled at first, but he soon smiled sadly leaning into your touch, his cheek with the scar, now in your palm.

"How did you get that, again?" You whispered. "You never told me..."

Hunter's hand grabbed yours. "Oh my, you're worrying about me now?" He laughed.