Challenge

It was just after 9a.m. when Trystan finally made it home from work. He was tired after a really long shift. Actually it wasn't his shift was any longer it had simply been an extremely busy week and an even busier night. An accident at Hershey Park had kept him at a near nonstop pace. It had been so bad he had ended up working an additional two hours. He walked into the house and headed for his room.

"Trystan?"

The brown haired man sighed. All he wanted to do was go to bed. "Yeah?" he called from where he was not hiding just how tired he was.

"You need to come in here."

Trystan was annoyed but reluctantly backed down the two steps he'd gone up. He walked through the Great room and around to enter the breakfast room where he quickly found his father, Lyle, Coen.

"You look like you've had a hell of a night," Lyle remarked. "I haven't seen you look this tired since that big wreck last year."

"Yeah it's been a really long night and a busy week," Trystan replied. "What's going on?" he asked his father.

"Ned said no. Hugh talked to him and explained the benefits and consequences but he's refusing. If you want to see Autumn you'll have to fight him," Maddox told him. He watched as his son looked away. "You can pass on her. She might not be worth it." Trystan shook his head wondering what else could go wrong. "I'll call Hugh and tell him you've changed your mind." Maddox went to pick up the phone.

"No," Trystan told him. "I want to see Autumn. I'll fight Ned but not tonight. I need sleep."

"I can suggest Friday, but, Ned could decide tonight. If he does are you willing to fight him?" Lyle asked. "Ned may have gathered information about you. If he knows you've just gotten off a long shift he may very well pick now to better his chances of winning."

Trystan's eyes narrowed. "If I have to fight him tonight I'll make him regret it!" he warned. "Ned won't be allowed to see her while I am and I'll block him from seeing her if I don't choose her!"

"Go get some rest," Maddox told him. "I'll let Hugh know." Trystan nodded and walked away. Maddox exchanged a look with the other two men and then picking up his phone he called Hugh.

Trystan reached his room and not even bothering to take a shower he stripped his clothes off to his underwear and crawled into bed. He closed his eyes and a flash of Autumn, Sienna, Aubrey, and Pricilla flashed through his head. A sigh escaped him. He had picked two of the girls to see out of pressure. He'd thought a third girls was beyond gorgeous and it would be stupid to not consider her. Autumn however was different. He was drawn to her in a different way. All the girls were beautiful but there was really only two of them he really wanted to spend time with. If he had met Autumn sooner it was likely he'd spend time with her and one other girl. However because things were already in motion Trystan had to see each girl at least twice. Then he could narrow it down to two or three. Too tired to think about it he drifted off to sleep.

****

Autumn should've felt tired as she arrived back home with Kelly but instead the two girls had hit a second rush and were wide awake. Instead of being exhausted from a long night at the hospital they both almost felt like they could handle a second shift. It had been so busy at the hospital do to an accident at Hershey Park. A roller coaster had malfunctioned and jumped the tracks. Dozens of patients had to be taken care of with a range of injuries from cuts to spinal injuries and even burns. Life Lion had been kept extremely busy as had firemen, law enforcement, paramedics and the hospital trauma teams and emergency room.

"I still can't believe the ride malfunctioned like that!" Kelly said as they entered the house. "I'm surprised no one died immediately!"

"Yeah well let's just hope we don't end up losing any patients," Autumn told her. Kelly nodded in agreement. So far no one had died as a result of their injuries but there were still patients in critical care in several units. There were so many critical and severe injuries Life Lion had to transport some of the patients to other hospitals.