love me﹒ albedo ²

Start from the beginning

You always ignored the praises of people around you, not wanting to be that person who thinks they're good at singing, but actually isn't.

You didn't take your singing into account until you were caught humming a small tune at your local mall. It was during the holidays, Christmas, and you were out getting your family gifts.

"Excuse me? Excuse me!?" a lady in a pantsuit called after you, taking you away from your mindless hum. You turned around with furrowed eyebrows, wondering what an important lady like herself could be wanting from you.

Once she caught up to you, she gave a small smile, which kind of looked like a smirk.

She tucked the platinum blonde strands of her hair behind her ears; only now did you realize just how intimidating she looked. She was of decent height, slim, gorgeous long hair, with reddish brown eyes. If anything, she looked equivalent to a model.

"Uh—I, uhm, what do you need?" you stuttered out, clasping a hand over your mouth. Where did that come from!? You've never stuttered when you talked to anyone... This woman was just too intimidating.

She outstretched her hand, and of course, it looked flawless like the rest of her. You took her hand in yours, shaking it up and down. "My name is Ningguang," she started, your eyes widening as she spoke, "and I just wanted to compliment your singing. Are you an artist, perhaps?"

Ningguang... You could've swore you've heard that name before. 

Your cheeks heated up as you kept eye contact with her. An artist, you!? How could she have mistaken someone like you for something so special?

"Oh, uh, no... You must be confused. I just work at a restaurant. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, my name is [Name]," you explained, watching as Ningguang's face lit up in surprise.

"[Name]? Is that really you?" Ningguang questioned, quickly examining your body and walking around it in circles. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"I guess...? What are you talking about?" you asked nervously, watching as a much wider smile spread across her features.

"Do you seriously not remember me? Back in our teen years, we used to be good friends, until you moved away," Ningguang inquired, your eyes widening by each word.

With a big smile, you wrapped your arms around Ningguang's torso to pull her into a big hug.

"I knew your name felt familiar! I just... I have been trying my best to forget those years of my life. They weren't my favorite, after all. But, look at you! You're looking amazing, and so important, too!" you exclaim, letting your eyes wander across your friend's body. She modestly smiled, muttering a thank you.

"So, how have you been holding up? Anything interesting happen?" Ningguang questioned, taking your hand in her's and dragging you over to sit by a nearby bench.

To which you didn't struggle against. You sighed, looking down at your feet that had a pair of sneakers on.

"No, not really. Unfortunately. After I moved I didn't really make any new friends. Being woken up by, uh, Albedo's speech, I decided not to focus on stuff like that anymore. Like I said earlier, I'm a server at the Wanmin Restaurant here. Fresh out of college and I'm not sure if I should just stick there. The pay is decent, I guess," you dazedly responded, looking back up to watch numerous people walk to and fro. You could hear Ningguang scoff.