Was it a mistake? (Olly Murs & Caroline Flack fanfiction)

Caroline's POV

I woke up as I heard a knock on my door. I crawled out of my bed, grabbed a comfy cardigan and put it on. I opened the door and saw the postman leaving as he left some mail on my doorstep. I grabbed it and closed the door. I sat on the sofa in my living room going through my mail, as usual, there were some bills to pay, few letters form some fans and then I saw a white envelope with my name on it. I opened it all excited as I didn't know who can it be from. It was from Harry Styles. „Oh God“ I whispered to myself. It was an invitation to his brithday tonight. That sure wasn't something I expected when I got my mail. „Should I go?!“ I thought to myself. It all hit me then, all the moments me and Harry shared, and just the other day was the 1 year since our break up. It felt so weird. I didn't know what to do, what to think about all this. We ended our relationship with a deal that we'll stay friends, but we never really talked since it all ended, except when he was on Xtra.  I was so scared to see him again, but it shouldn't be so bad to wish an old friend a happy birthday, shouldn't it? I questioned myself. Then i heard my phone buzzing. I got a message. It was from Sam. „Are you going to Harry's birthday party?“ I took my phone and quickly replied. „Yes.“ Few moments later Sam texted me back. „See you there! Xoxo“  I spent the rest of the day just being lazy around my flat and then I realizied that I have only an hour left to get myself ready. I grabbed a cute black dress from my closet, did my hair and make up and put on some black heels. I heard a knock on my door. It was Sam. I grabbed my light brown fur coat and greeted Sam „Hi.“ „Hi“, Sam greeted me back, „Are you ready to go?“ „I'm not sure.“ I replied. „Everything's gonna be alright, I'm here with you, c'mon.“ We got into the car and drove to the place the party was being organised. The paparazzis were running around yelling and taking pictures. We finally got inside and escaped from the crowd of papps wanting to take pictures. The place looked so pretty and there were hundreds of people in there, all looking classy and happy. I saw Harry. He was standing there with some friends laughing and drinking. I'm gonna greet him later, he seems busy now. I felt so uncomfortable around all these people staring at me like I did something bad. 'Maybe I shouldn't have come, maybe it was a mistake' I thought to myself. Wish Olly was here with me, I sighed. He would always make me feel better and put a smile on my face in the matter of seconds. Too bad he was on the other continent, living a life of a popstar and completely forgetting about me. I missed him so much. Sam and Grimmy came to me handing me a drink and interrupting my thoughts about Olly. I took a sip, and greeted them as we got into the crowd of people to find ourselves a place to sit and chat.

It was midnight. Everyone started cheering up for Harry as they sang him a happy birthday. People started going over to Harry's table to wish him a happy birthday. I guess I should do the same, that's the reason I came here. When all those people were finally gone, I started shaking as I approached his table. „Hi Harry.“ I said and looked at him.  „OMG! Hi Caroline.“ He greeted me. He managed to get up as he was a little dizzy from all the drinks he had. I gave him a quick hug, „Happy Birthday Harry. Nice to see you again, I wish you all the best, another year of the great success and happiness.“ He hugged me back and whispered „Thank you!“ to my ear. All this felt really weird, I didn't feel good arund him at all. „It's a bit loud here from all the music and talking“ he said as he looked at me, „I need to talk to you, can we go outside?“ „Um, ok, I guess.“ I agreed. I didn't know what to expect but I grabbed my coat and left the building waiting for him outside. He came to me barely being able to walk. „What did you want to talk about?“ I asked nervously. „Nothing special, actually.“ He answered. „Why did you invite me then?!" I felt so stupid. 'What the hell is happening?!' I thought to my self. „You look really beautiful tonight“, he winked at me approaching me even closer. „Thank you“ I mumbled as I took a step back. „Come here“ he took my hand. „Harry, what are you doing?“ I asked as quiet as possible so that people who were around us don't heart it. „C'mon Caroline, I know you want to kiss me.“ He said smiling at me and biting his lip. He pushed me against the wall of the building that was behind us, and started hugging me. „Harry please stop it. You're dunk.“ I couldn't do anything, he was too strong for me. „Just let me go!“ I yelled at him. „No, you love it. Stop pretending.“ He started kissing me and pulling me closer to him as he grabbed my waist. I felt tears streaming down my face. „Harry let me go, please. I don't want this.“ I tried to get away from him but unsuccessfully. That was when I heard a familiar voice shouting my name. „Caroline!“ „Caroline, where are you?“ It was Olly. Harry stopped kissing me but his hands were still around my waist. He looked at me in anger and slamed his lips onto mine for the last time before Olly ran over to us screaming „Let her go Harry. NOW! You need to respect when a girl says no, you idiot.“ He grabbed Harry from behind and pushed him off of me. Harry looked at both of us and just left, going staright to the builidng as if nothing has happened. „Caroline, are you ok?“ Olly pulled me in for a hug as I was crying in shock because of what has just  happened.  I was having trouble saying anything so he just looked at me and gave me as kiss on the head. „Shh, everything's alright. I'm here. Don't cry.“ I was feeling terrible but having him here was making me feel a little better. After a few minutes I stopped crying and I looked at him, struggling as though what to say. „Olly. I...I'm so glad you're here.“ He gently whiped the tears of my cheek with his fingers. „I'm glad I'm here too, with you.“  he said. „I didn't know you got back from the States.“ I said. „I had to come, I missed all this too much.“ He said as he smiled at me. „Will you tell me what happened?“ he asked. „I don't know,“ I whispered. „I just went to wish him a happy birthday and then he said he wanted to talk to me so I said yes and then he wanted to kiss me, and I just..“ I stopped talking. „Olly, I feel so stupid.“ I started crying again. „Come here Cazz, don't cry.“ He hugged me gently, and stroked his fingers through my hair. „I'm gonna take you home.“ We drove to my flat and we both stepped out of the car. Olly approached me and said „Here we are.  I hope you're gonna feel better.“ He said preparing to get back to his car and drive off. „Olly, wait.“ I said. „Yes?“ Olly replied looking me in the eyes. „Thank you for everything you did for me tonight.“ I said to him. „Oh Cazz, you don't need to thank me. I would do anything for you.“ He hugged me and we stood like that, close to each other for few moments. „So, I'm gonna go now. And.....“ I stopped him from saying anything and I kissed him. I didn't even know why I did it but somehow it felt so right. He pressed his lips on mine once again as he was gently hugging me around my waist with one hand, and stroking my hair with other. „Wanna come in?“ I asked nervously because I didn't know if what I did was right or not. „Sure.“ He quickly replied. He took my hand and we entered my flat. He sat on the sofa while I excused myself for a moment. I went to my room to grab something more comfortable to wear. I enetered living room and he was there, smiling at me. I sat next to him and cuddled up inside his hands. He took a blanket that was on the sofa and put it on me trying to make me warm. I turned the light off and whispered „I love you Olly.“ He grinned at me and said „I love you too, Caz.“ I instantly fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning on my sofa cuddled into the blanket with my make up all over my face. I remembered all the things that happened last night and thought to myself „So, was it a mistake or not?!“ I saw a message on the little white paper on my table. It was from Olly. It said „You were so beautiful, I didn't want to wake you up. Hope you're feeling better. Call me when you're up. Olly“ A giant smile appeared  across my face. I took my phone and dialed Olly's number.