Chapter 5: Over and Over Again

Start from the beginning

He's the last thing he has.

A few months ago Dream had brought Tommy the corpse of his pet shroud.

That had been the first night Tommy had tried to drown himself.

It worked of course. But once again, Dream brought him back.

"Tommy." Dream said and snapped Tommy out of his thoughts.

"Yes dream." Tommy said staring at the ocean.

Tommy knew not giving Dream the acknowledgment he wanted was not going to work his favor later on.

He was probably going to to kill him again.

"Let's go, it's time to eat." Dream said getting up and dragging Tommy along by the arm.

Tommy flinched a little at the pain.

Blood seeped out of his fresh bandages.

It hurt like hell.

Tommy cut all the way to the bone this time.

Dream had gave him no pain killers while he stitched him up.

Tommy deserved it.

Dream reminded him of that with every jab of the needle through the skin.

Every careless stitch through his skin.

Tommy tried to pull away but dream stopped him.

"Don't." Dream said coldly.

"Dream I'm bleeding." Tommy said quietly.

"You did that to yourself. So you can wait till dinners over." Dream said as they arrived.

Tommy could feel the stitches start ripping under his sweater.

Dream sat Tommy at the table and started putting dinner on plates for him and Tommy.

Tommy stayed quiet as Dream set his food down and sat down next to Tommy.

Tommy knew what was coming.

He didn't get yelled at earlier so of course it was gonna be now.

Dream always yelled about something during dinner.

They ate in silence and once Dream was done he spoke up.

"Tommy why did you do this to yourself?" Dream paused and grabbed Tommy's wrists.

Tommy cringed at the pain.

"Dream I-"

"I do everything for you and this is how you repay me. Do you not care about me. Do you know how devastated I would be if you were gone." Dream stood up and pulled Tommy up by his shirt.

"This is why I keep reviving you. I need you. You're so amusing. What would I do without you."

"I know Dream I'm sorry I-" Tommy tried to speak up but Dream cut him off again.

"CUT IT OUT WITH THE I'M SORRY BULLSHIT. YOU'RE NOT SORRY. IF YOU WERE, YOU WOULDN'T KEEP DOING THIS." Dream yelled.

"I'm you're only best friend Tommy, do you want to leave your only best friend?" Dream asked

"No Dream." Tommy said crying.

"Good." Dream said pulling Tommy into a hug.

Tommy hugged back.

His hugs weren't always as comforting to Tommy as they are now.

Back then tommy hated them. They were so cold and didn't bring Tommy any happiness.

But now they were the only warmth Tommy could get.

The only human touch that felt nice.

The rest was when dream would hurt him which only happend when Tommy was bad.

If Tommy didn't do anything dream wouldn't hurt him.

"Say it." Dream said sternly.

"What-" Tommy said confused.

"You know what."

"Right, Dream you're my only friend." Tommy said holding on to dream.

"And?" Dream questioned.

"And I'll never leave you."

"Good." Dream said with a grin and pulled out his knife slitting Tommy's throat.

As Tommy choked on his blood once more he was thrown into the ocean and the last thing he saw was dream smiling.

And he gave a genuine smiled back.

I wonder how long he'll let me rest.