"Now, why would you need to hide it from your editor?" I questioned, and he laughed.

"She bugs me all the time to get it done, so now I bug her." He said.

"You act like a kid, Shigure." I said, laughing.

Over the summer, I had really gotten used to this house and the people in it. I spent time here, because Kyo always had the best spots outside. He took me to every one he found. Tohru was always happy to have me, so I came here often.

A knock on the door. A gentle beat, quiet but firm. Tohru bounced up to get it.

Hatori stepped in. He saw me and said, "Y/N. If I knew you would be here, I would have brought Ayame." Ayame and I were good friends, so he probably would have wanted to see me. I heard a quiet I'm so glad you didn't come from Yuki's room.

"Hello Hatori. Here, I'll go get Kyo for you." I said, bounding up the stairs to Kyo's room. I knocked on the door three times. Knock, knock, knock.

"Yeah?" I heard a quiet voice from the other side. Seeing Kyo sick wanted to make me cry. I opened the door, and Kyo was sitting on the bed. He had woken up and dressed in gray sweat pants and a T-shirt.

"Hey, Hatori's here. He wanted me to get you." I said. He rubbed his eyes, obviously still waking up.

"Ugh, I feel like crap. I fell asleep." He said.

"You did. I put you in my backpack." I said, and he nodded.

"I put your backpack over there. Let's go, Hatori is waiting. I think I'm gonna go home now, I don't want my mom to worry." I said, gathering my stuff together and giving a farewell before hurrying home. Tohru waved as I left.

I heard a notification pop up on my phone as I settled on my bed after dinner. It was about eight PM, and the sun was beginning to set. The notification was a text from Kyo. I opened it eagerly, curious about what was happening.

Kyo: i feel like crap.

Y/N: I'm sorry.

Kyo: btw thanks for taking me home after school.

Y/N: no prob.

Kyo: I didn't even get to give you your thing.

That's right! His present! The memory had completely slipped my mind. Now I was just as curious as before.

Y/N: Can I come over?

Kyo: i was hoping you'd say that.

I launched off my bed, running to mom's room.

"Mom, can I stay over at Tohru's tonight pleaaaaaaaaaase? It's really important. You won't have to worry, I'll call you when I wake up. I'll go to school in the morning." She was thinking about her answer, but my puppy eyes outweighed her doubts.

"Oh, alright, if you leave now, before it gets dark." She said.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I said, giving her a hug.

I threw my school uniform into an overnight bag and packed a hairbrush and toothbrush. I tried not to forget anything. I grabbed an extra pair of socks as I was going out the door.

"BYE MOM!" I said, running out the door, all the way to Kyo's house. Sometimes she can completely understand.

I ran at a fast pace all the way to Kyo's house, about a fifteen minute trek. It was ten minutes at a run.

Kyo let me in, wrapped in a blanket and shivering. Tohru had gone to her room along with Shigure, and Yuki was always in his room. That just left Kyo and me in the living room.

"Thanks for coming over. I'm sorry for making you go through all this for me." Kyo said, settling in a spot on the couch. He had his favorite show on the TV.

"I'm so glad you're here." Kyo said, sniffling. I pulled his blanket around me, snuggling closer to him. He pulled away cautiously.

"I don't want you to catch what I have, Y/N." He said, coughing into his arm.

"Oh, I don't care if I get your cold, Kyo." I said, looking at the TV screen projecting images of people.

Knowing Kyo, he probably can't get to sleep due to coughing, so he was all lonely. By now, it was nine, and everyone had gone to bed early.

I laid my head on his shoulder. I loved the smell of Kyo. It was kinda like deodorant mixed with pine trees and calmness. He smelled nice. It was one of those smells that brings back a flood of memories so thick that all you can do is just sit there and think.

He brought his warm arm around my shoulders, hugging me close. His heat was penetrating my t-shirt and pajama pants, making me almost push away. He had a bad fever.

"Can I give you your present now?" He asked, shifting around and grabbing a box from the coffee table.

"Oh, yeah!" I said with excitement.

"Ok, turn around and close your eyes." I did so and squinted my eyes shut. A smile crept across my face that I couldn't keep away.

I felt my H/C hair being pulled to the side. What could he be doing? I wanted to turn around so badly, it was hard to contain it.

A cold feeling around my neck made me jerk my eyes open. I gasped slightly.

"Ugh, I can't.... oh, there. Okay, open your eyes." He said, putting his hands on my shoulders and spinning me around. He had tried and finally got the latch to clasp.

A pendant was hanging on my neck. I picked the cold metal up and gazed at the figure on the fine chain. It was....

A cat. A cat covered in jewels, sparking from the light of the TV in the darkness.

"Do you like it? I thought since... you know..." he said, slightly embarrassed.

I gave him a huge hug, kissing his cheek.

"Kyo, I can't tell you how much I love it." I said, hugging him harder. I could feel a smile tugging his cheeks.

"I'm so glad you do," he said, wrapping his arms around me. We sat down at the couch, snuggling together until the feeling of sleep tugged us into a dream. A dream of love.

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated, there are a lot of reasons but I don't think you would want to hear them right now. Okay *raises right hand* I promise I will update sooner next time. Okay? Remember, one vote equals one more rice ball for Kyo(without leek)! See you soon reader-chan!