➽Chapter 40

The Chauhan house was in chaos

The Chauhan house was in chaos. Well, that was understandable since their beloved daughter had just fainted after excessive crying.

Doctor was called and Tripti was sitting beside her daughter while the rest of them were in the living room, adjusting to the news that was dropped on them like a bomb.

"Bhabhi, you take rest! Reyansh is taking a nap once he wakes up you wouldn't be able to rest. Adi bhai, you co-ordinate with the police as I am sure Eri would want to each and everything that is happening. Sam for God's sake stop pacing around the room and sit. Eri is alright, well not exactly but she'll heal with time and with us by her side." Meher instructed the three people who looked the most stressed.

Samay nodded to his ex wife's words and sat beside his father," Papa, chachu, chachi and badima promise me neither Eri nor her child would ever feel unwanted or a burden on us. Whatever issues or complains you guys have shall be discussed and ended today itself. I don't want a single finger pointed on my sister." Samay spoke to the elders in a rare serious tone which was backed by Adhyan's hms.

"Adi, don't tell anything to Dishank and Vritika now. Let them enjoy, we'll tell them once they return." Rajveer said and was unanimously agreed by everyone.

"Mimi, bacha don't you have promotions today? You should get ready nai toh wapis late." Sushila said after a while, Meher shook her head and said, "I am planning to not go today."

"No, not happening! If we want Eri to be cope up well, everything needs to be normal and being normal means following normal routine so you Mimi, get ready and you Mr Samay Chauhan, tag along with her because you sitting at home is surely going to rise my blood pressure." Nalini spoke stunning everyone.

Meher nodded and thought," Chachi is improving! She is trying to leave her old thoughts behind, I like that. Now hopefully she accepts Vriti bhabhi as her daughter in law soon."

✦✧✦✧

Meher and Samay left for the venue while Adhyan went to the police station leaving Revati, Reyansh and Erisha with the elders at home.

"Sam, do you think its the right time to tell them about our divorce?" Meher asked even though she knew the answer.
Samay shook his head and said, "The family isn't ready for one more bomb, at this point the only thing important is keeping Erisha happy and healthy. I am thinking to not go back to London."

"Don't even think about this. If you really don't want Erisha to live with guilt of destroying her brother's dream then please don't take this step." Meher intervened before his thoughts can go in the opposite direction.

Samay whined but agreed because he knew his ex wife was speaking the truth so he decided to change the subject," Ok if you say so, anyway how's life as a single? "