High School Crush

3rd POV

The two coworkers have just finished getting ready and are on their way to explore the city. They're both hooked onto each other's arms and neither have any intention of letting go. Y/n feels like the most stunning and glamorous person in the world. At this moment, she is the main protagonist of everyone's life. Nanami, on the other hand, is unbelievably happy to be in her presence. The grip she has on his arm is intriguing; he can't tell if she's trying to give off an "everyone back off, this is my date and no one else's" vibe or a more innocent and dependant vibe. Either way, the person who he has been admiring from afar but has masked it with his signature aloof personality is finally here by his side. It is true, for a while he was unaware of these feelings due to their set-and-stone rivalry. Not only that, but because of what Gojo said. Now that these feelings and emotions are out in the open between the two of them, he isn't quite sure how to approach it. For now, he's letting y/n take the lead.

"What would you like to do first, Nanami?" says y/n, looking up at him with a bright glisten in her eye.

This causes Nanami to stop functioning for just a moment; he has noted that she is an overall attractive being, but having all her attention on him and no one else made his head feel light and his heart drop to the pit of his stomach. For a while, he doesn't respond, he just dazily looks at her and feels all his worries wash away.

"Nanami?"

"Y-Yes, I apologize for that. I was just admiring your beautiful face."

The two stop in their tracks. What did he just say? And what is up with that timing? She untangles her arm from his and stands so that she's facing directly in front of him. He is looking straight ahead with wide eyes avoiding eye contact at all costs. His color is gone and he has a dead-looking face.

Y/n is fighting for her life not to smile or laugh. Knowing his personality, she is sure that he did not mean to say that out loud, even if it is what he was thinking. Should she just forget about it, or question him? They have passed the point of merely having a crush on one another, but still... things like this could be embarrassing and she too would be embarrassed if one of her internal thoughts slipped out of her mouth. Now the question is, how should she go about this?

She takes a couple of steps toward Nanami and snakes her arms around him under his arms, and presses her head on his chest. This is the only thing she can think of at the moment, but if she's lucky it should relieve some of the embarrassment he might be feeling.

"Forgive me, y/n. I have no idea what came over me. I didn't mean to stare at you, it was very rude on my part." Somehow, Nanami is able to keep his composure though already experiencing 5 stages of grief. Now that he is a bit more sure of his feelings towards her, he would not mind joining her in this act of PDA (although he is not a fan of it himself), but his body prevents him from doing so. His body is stiff even with the embrace being blessed upon him.

There is only one other thing y/n can think of that can make him feel better is by saying something equally embarrassing.

"Don't worry about it, Nanami. Let's stay like this for a moment, I like squeezing my face against your pecs."

That should definitely do it. Oh yeah, y/n can feel the regret rising. She swallowed hard due to her mouth drying up. The next few seconds were filled with silence, y/n waiting for him to say something, anything really. What happens next definitely caught her by surprise. It took a while to realize, but Nanami is... laughing. What started off as a chuckle soon turned into a full hearted laugh. Y/n looks up at him and sees him covering his face with his hands. He soon takes them off and looks down at her, her face still smothered in his pecs. There are tears in his eyes from how hard he laughed. Seeing Nanami like this warmed y/n's heart, so different from the stoic Nanami she met back in the coffee shop.