Daddy's Champ! [41]

Start from the beginning

"Do you want me to take her, doll?" Jon asked as they walked into the arena.

"Yeah, will you be ok?" she asked, letting go of the stroller so that Jon could push her.

"I'll just be in catering. Joe and Colby are there. If she wakes up, I'll get her diaper changed and give her a bottle." He said, and she nodded.

"Ok, I'll come find you in a bit. I love you."

"I love you too." He replied, pecking her lips before they went in separate directions.

Joe and Colby smirked as Jon walked into catering, pushing the stroller with the diaper bag slung over his other shoulder.

"Here comes the dad himself." Colby laughed as Joe shook his head and stifled his own laughter.

"Oh shut it, Lopez." Jon joked, putting on the safety brake and taking a seat beside his friends.

"Where's the Mrs's?" Joe sought and Jon gestured over to the door.

"She had a meeting with her parents and Vince. New storyline with Ashley." He told them as they nodded.

"When babies sleep, they look so peaceful." Colby commented, watching as Zoey slept soundly.

"That's until they wake up and cry because they pooped their pants." Jon said as Colby turned his nose up and gaged.

"Jesus Christ, I don't want kids." He said, shaking his head and sitting back.

"Oh, come on, you're just saying that. You'll be a good dad down the road." Joe said, patting his friend's back.

"Yea, he's right. Once you have a kid, you're gonna want to protect them with your life, even from things you can't. She got her shots done today, and I absolutely lost it inside knowing that I couldn't do anything to stop her from crying." Jon said, and Joe gave him a sympathetic look, knowing how it felt.

"Those are the worse. How was Kennedy?"

"Oh, she was on the edge of tears, too. She couldn't take it and almost broke down." He told them, and Colby gave a sad look.

"Jeez, I feel bad too. Is she all better now—and I'm talking about Zoey." Colby laughed as Jon chuckled.

"Yea, she's fine, asshole. Doc said she'd be a little fussier than normal and probably sleep a little more, but she'll be back to normal tomorrow."

The three friends continued their conversation as they waiting for Zoey to wake up and Kennedy to finish up with her meeting.

Kennedy knocked on her grandfather's office door before hearing him say to come in.

"Hey." She smiled, walking in and taking a seat.

"Hey honey, how are you and the family?" Vince smiled, looking up from his paperwork.

"Good gramps, we went to get her three shots today. She cried for a little, but she's knocked out cold right now." Kennedy told him as he smiled.

"That's nice to hear. Congratulations on the house, by the way." He told her, last week they had received the news that Kennedy and Jon had gotten the offer they placed on the house and would need to sign some papers and soon the house would be theirs.

"Thanks gramps, soon you'll all get to come over and hang out." She said, patting his shoulder.

"I'm looking forward to it, Kenny." He said.

"Sorry, we're late. We got stuck in traffic." Steph and Paul said, walking in, followed by Ashley, who trailed behind them.

Kennedy got up and immediately embraced her in a hug before they all sat down and began discussing the storyline.