➥▮『ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸』▯

Start from the beginning

"I will discharge you today, and your friend has already paid your bills."

When did she pay the bills, without you noticing it? How is this even possible? Eh, that's no longer your concern, because thinking is exhausting, you reasoned.

After the doctor excused himself and walked away. You instantly turn your head and bow to Ootani. "Thank you, Ootani-san; I owe you a lot."

"No need to mention it!" she smiled, waving her hand.

Before you could ask her if you could tag along since you didn't want to be a stupid main character who refuses to ask for help merely to dodge the storyline, a ringtone from Ootani's pocket rang, and she excused herself to answer the phone.

All you could hear was the sound of your feeble breathing and the noise of the air conditioner with coldness. You were alone in the room with white-gray walls and a white clear floor when you decided to look at the medicine that the doctor had advised you to take once a day.

You scanned your surroundings from left to right, back to front, looking for the trash bin, and eventually found it. You get closer to it and decide to toss away the drug for your supposed brain activity; you didn't need it and you won't need it in the future. When you eventually opened your palms to throw it inside the bin, you could hear it click into the metal sound as it got deeper into the bin.

Yes, it was a waste of money and medicine, but you won't believe anything in this alternate reality, and it's strange that they didn't even determine you were lying.

You looked down at your hands, your mind wandering off to contemplate your own existence. Instead of the never-ending nothingness of white space, you were confronted with pitch black, eternal abyss that suffocated rather than calmed you.

Like before, it broke into bits like shattered glass and you were jolted out of your hallucinations, you blinked twice, it was really funny that you're experiencing this now while you're a mess and disaster, but it wasn't the first time for you to deal with it alone.

"Nozomi-san," you turn your head toward the door and see Ootani. She clasped your hand in hers, causing you to blink owlishly "We have a match today, and I needed to be there, but I'm not sure whether you could handle yourself on your own; if you don't want to come me, that's fine because I'm a strang-"

"Okay."

"Huh?"

She looked at you in surprise and wondered to herself, "How can she put her trust in someone she's only just met? Oh, she doesn't remember much..."

She pitied you and sighed in relief that no evil guys had found you or something terrible had happened to you. While she was thinking, you were just standing there and stared at her in confusion.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Somewhere in the library, a certain girl with pitch black hair was reading a book from one of the famous playwright William Shakespeare's works.

She felt something tingly within her, like if someone had changed the wind outside. But regardless of whether she was concerned or not, she knew something was up.

Even though her lips are in line and her facial expression is somewhat uninterested, her dull white eyes convey a little curiosity about what the future holds as she closes her book and casts a glance outside.

"Yahallo~" a woman in her early thirties cooed, holding a book in her arms.

The serene and peaceful library room was now filled with the loudness of her teacher, from whom she had learnt some things.