Playing Along - Part Ten

Start from the beginning

"Oh, darling... I hope you're right. Until you feel better, I'll just carry you around the house, okay?"

"What? W-wait-..."

Before I could protest, Peter was already sweeping me up in his arms, holding me in the bridal position with one arm against my back and the other beneath my legs. I was once again caught off guard by just how effortlessly Peter could pick me up, and it made it all the more clear that I was overpowered in this situation by a long shot. If this guy wanted to snap me in half, he could probably do so with ease... And knowing what he was capable of already, that was a pretty scary thought to have.

But, nonetheless, I decided to just keep my mouth shut and let him carry me. Even though I wasn't comfortable with the idea in the slightest, I'd rather not argue with somebody who was most likely clinically insane, ya' know? The last thing I'd want right now is to piss off the man that kidnapped me.

"So you've already seen the bedroom." He said with a smile, leading me out the door and into a hallway, "There's three of them total. One of them is being... uh, renovated at the moment, and the other is a game room."

Peter took me to the next door down, bringing me inside a room that was a little smaller than the previous one. There was a huge wrap around couch and a mounted flat-screen tv, along with a colorful assortment of LED lights lining the trim of the walls. I could see a few different consoles sitting on an entertainment stand, as well as a bookcase that was overflowing with movies and games. Back to the Future, Pan's Labyrinth, Gears of War... all kinds of different titles that piqued my interest. Despite everything going on right now... this seemed like a room that I might actually enjoy being in.

"I spend a lot of my free time in here." Peter said while turning on his heels, carrying me out into the hall again, "It's a nice place to just relax and unwind, and now that you're here with me, it'll be all the better."

Walking down the narrow hallway, we passed by a door that I could only assume was the room being renovated. The door had a few boards leaning up against it, as well as a couple unopened paint cans sitting on the ground nearby. Whatever was going on in there seemed like a pretty big project, but I didn't think too much into it.

Reaching the top of the stairs, I peeked over the banister and found a beautiful, spacious living room below us. Peter began to carefully walk down as I glanced around the room in awe, taking in just about everything that I could see. The theme was very 'woodsy'; fitting for the cozy cabin that we were in. It seemed like all of the furniture had been handmade; carved out of trees and logs before being crafted into chairs and tables. It was like an image straight out of an Air BnB advertisement; trying to sell you some magical vacation home in middle of the woods. I couldn't lie to myself, It was absolutely gorgeous.

"This is the living room. It's not nearly as interesting as the game room, but I like it well enough. What do you think?"

"...It's nice."  I said plainly, shrugging my shoulders. I was obviously downplaying how I really felt about it, but that was to be expected in this kind of situation, right?

"And over here, the kitchen. Fully equipped and ready for the delicious meals were going to make together. I have a bunch of recipes written down for the things I know you like."

Peter spun me around, facing me towards the other side of the room. I had only now noticed that the bottom floor had an open concept design, so there were no separating walls or doorways. The living room lead right into the kitchen, which was even more stunning than any of the other rooms I had seen so far. It looked like it was completely updated; with all brand new appliances and even an island sitting right in the middle of the space. On said island, placed in a position that was meant to catch your eye, was a vase of freshly cut roses. Just like the one Peter had given me with my breakfast.