Playing Along - Part Ten

Start from the beginning

If the circumstances were different, anybody could easily call this place a paradise; a dream vacation spot to get away from their everyday lives.

But, unfortunately for me... they weren't different. This wasn't a dream for me, it was an absolute nightmare.

My apartment was located in the heart of a bustling city, where you were considered somewhat lucky to see a group of trees unless at one of the playgrounds or community parks. This place was on the complete opposite side of the scale, so it didn't take a genius to figure out that I was far, far away from home. Realizing this... I internally started to panic. I knew I wasn't going to be able to escape from him if all that surrounded me was an endless span of woods. I'd get lost and starve to death before I found any kind of civilization out here. I turned around to face Peter, his eyes partially closed and a content smile resting on his lips. One look at his expression was all it took for me to realize that this was on purpose. He brought me out here to isolate me; to keep me hidden away from everyone and everything I knew.

'...He brought me here to have me all to himself.'

"...B-but what about food? And water, and basic necessities... We can't get any of that out here!" I said in a desperate voice, my hands nervously pulling at the hem of my tank top. That question was obviously just a disguise for my real fear; being stuck in the middle of nowhere with only him around. But if I could appeal to a more rational side of things, maybe I could get him to agree. Maybe I could get him to change his mind about all this.

"W-why don't we just live in my apartment? I p-promise my landlord wouldn't mind, and we can kick Lucy out, too! That way, it'll be just us... l-like you wanted. Wouldn't that be better than living in the woods?"

Peter's expression didn't alter as I spoke. I could tell that I wasn't getting through to him like this. I bowed my head in defeat, my stomach churning inside of my body. It felt like there was nothing else I could do.

"Come on, darling, let me give you the grand tour... I'm sure that will make you feel a little better. I fixed it all up before I brought you here, so everything is absolutely perfect."

He extended his arm towards me, taking my hand softly in his own as he began to lead me out of the bedroom. It wasn't long after my first step though that I suddenly collapsed, a throbbing pain shooting through my left leg. I must've been too hyped up on adrenaline to feel it when I woke up, but now that I had calmed down a bit, it was impossible to ignore. I whined loudly, clutching my leg close to my chest as I fought back tears. 

'I must've landed wrong when Peter threw me onto the ground last night.' I thought, roughly biting into my lip to distract myself from the pain, 'Thats the only time it could've happened.'

"Darling, are you alright!?" Peter asked with wide eyes, kneeling down at my side, "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Here, let me see..."

Peter pulled my leg out towards him, setting his hand on the upper part of my thigh. He began to slowly run his fingers down my body, my breathing hitching sharply when grazed over my malleolus. Looking at it for the first time since waking up, I realized that the skin around my ankle bone was bruised to hell; shaded a deep purple instead of my normal color. It was a definitely a nasty mark, but I doubted it would be anything too serious.

"I just need to go easy on it for a few days until it heals." I said with a sigh, gently rubbing the spot with my thumb, "It should be fine if I don't put too much stress on it."