2. summon the suit

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

chapter two

"Me too." Marc mumbles, sauntering past in his suit. Zahra speeds up, walking right beside him. "What're we gonna tell Steven. He's getting really confused." Marc sighs heavily, allowing the suit to fade off his body. "I can't bring myself to tell him. He's plagued by my presence everyday and he wouldn't be able to handle the reality of the situation." Zahra shrugs, nudging him softly as they walk out the museum. "I don't think there's many options left for you." Marc nods his head slowly, debating her words. "I'll tell him one day." Zahra grows slightly frustrated. "Marc, he's lost. He saw things that he'll never be able to explain." Marc stops walking down the steps, turning to look at Zahra carefully. "How long have we known each other?" Zahra thinks back to their days in university. "17 years- give or take." She mumbles. "Exactly. And when have you ever been given a reason not to trust my reasoning." Zahra breaks into a laugh and Marc waves her off. "Fine. I have made bad decisions but you trust me, right?" "Yes, of course." She throws her hands up in defeat. "It's sort of in my job description." She adds. "What job description?" Marc questions quickly. "It's in the fine print of being a best friend." She jokes, Marc looks at her sadly than over at the dark street. "You're an idiot." He responds finally, a smile on his lips. She shrugs. "I can accept that."

They finished the night off at some local pub and Marc assured her he'd make it home before Steven woke up. She was glad to get the opportunity to sleep in but it was quickly crushed by the sound of her phone ringing. It was Marc. "Hey. Everything alright?" A breathe of relief was heard on the other end. "Thank god. Are you okay?" The voice speaks quickly. Zahra can hear the accent and grumbles under her breathe. "I'm fine. You?" There's laughing on the other end that borders on sobbing. "I'm so confused." She can practically hear Marc scolding her but she goes for it anyway. "I owe you an explanation." "I feel like I'm going insane." Her and Steven say at the same time followed by- "Thank you. I just need to check in at the museum first." He responds quickly. "I'll meet you there in 40 minutes." She tells him, no room for argument. She learnt that trick with Marc.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Zahra was quick to asses where Steven was at when she arrived and she soon realised how mistaken she was. This was way out of her realm of knowledge. Steven was fidgeting nervously with his sweater when she arrived and he looked about ready to give her a hug. He was shaking like a leaf. "What are they going to say about the tapes?" He asks frantically. Zahra looked him over. "Typically it doesn't show up on camera." "What?" Steven nearly shouted. "That dog thing." She tries to add on. "It won't show up on camera." She shrugged. "I don't know how to explain it but it won't same as no one else but you can see that tall skeleton. Steven flinched at her words and she realised Khonshu probably yelled at her, thankfully he isn't showing up in her vision right now. "Listen. I suggest you go in there, try get the tapes out and I'll explain everything afterwards." Steven nods frantically, walking into the museum quickly.

Zahra waits patiently for Steven to end his day and she cringes when he comes out a few hours early. "I got sacked and they think I'm insane." He shakes his head. "I think I am." Zahra looks around carefully. "I can understand how it can be a lot..." She searches his eyes for Marc but can't find him. "I think there's only one way to show you. Do you have that locker key that was with the phone?" Steven raises his eyebrows in surprise. "How did-" Instead of asking he fishes it out his jacket pocket. "Do you trust me?" She questions. "I mean you did save me from a giant beast dog so, yes." Zahra chuckles, laying a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Okay, come with me." She pulls Steven up by his hand and she drags him down a few streets to a large storage building.