“I also pray for that.”

“Well I am a nail technician but I don’t know when the last time I did someone’s nails was. I do have three salons. One in Park Town, one in Soweto and another in Ermelo but I hardly go there. I am just a spoiled housewife who is always busy reading books.” I laugh. “It’s true. My husband doesn’t want me working to such an extent that he turned one of the rooms in our house into a mini library and stocked it with books which he thinks I like.”

“God. Is he looking for a second wife?” she breaks into laughter.

“Yeah, having your own library is a dream come true for readers and every time I see a book I like which isn’t in my library, I send a picture to him and he makes it his mission to get that book.”

“You’re the one that’s abusive.” I tease and she laughs.

“Guilty as charged.”

The lunch break ends and we move on to the second book. The Camorra Chronicles Series by Cora Reilly. I am in love with that series. I don’t know how many times I have reread it. When meeting for a discussion, we always review an African book and one from other continents.

“The series is about the Falcone brothers ruling over Las Vegas. Their enforcer is included in the series because he is more like family. They are a bunch of violent, unmerciful hooligans who know nothing about love but all that changes when their enforcer falls for a girl outside their world. His loyalties are twisted, as per the title of the book and that endangers his life. That’s when the love can is opened and it blows up in all the brothers’ faces. First off, which book is your favourite in the series?” Izibele asks. I think she is the youngest in the club but she is very intelligent. She is studying literature and she aspires to be an editor.

“I love Twisted Loyalties.” Zokuthula answers. “I love the fact that Fabiano grew up to be a strong man and didn’t let his father’s actions hinder him from being the man he was destined to be. And I love the relationship he has with the Falcone brothers.”

“I love Twisted Pride.” I comment. “Remo is my favourite and I love how fierce and brave Serafina is. She is unbreakable but the way she falls for Remo is amazing. She is showing everyone that even the cruelest monsters deserve to be loved and they do have a heart. She fights for their love and fights for her children’s image. That’s badass if you ask Me.” everyone chuckles.

“I love Twisted Emotions.” Mihlomhle states. “You all know why.” We all laugh.

“Besides the Stockholm Syndrome, Cora really outdid herself here. I love all her books, even the Sins of the Fathers Series.” Lihlumelo states after everyone has mentioned their favourite book. There are about 12 main members of the book club and today we have three guests.

We chat more about the Camorra Chronicles series and then review it collectively. After that, we take lots of pictures, say our goodbyes and I walk together with Zokuthula to the parking lot where my Uber is already waiting for me.

“I really like your energy and vibe. I would like to get together with you sometime if you're off work.” She starts off and I smile.

“No problem.” We exchange numbers and hug before we part ways.

Arriving at the restaurant, I am pleased to find Refilwe already waiting for me. I guess he knows not to keep a lady waiting. He smiles when he sees me. He then stands up and greets me with a hug before opening a chair for me. Chill heart, don’t get attached. 

“You look breathtaking.” He remarks.

“That’s the look I was going for. Thank you for the compliment. You clean up pretty well.” He chuckles and rolls his eyes.

“Can the compliment be clear?” I shake my head.

“Nope.” He laughs. A waiter comes and we place our orders.

“So how was your day at the library?” I snicker.

“Book Club and we were in a guest lounge.”

“Discussing books, right?” he states with an arrogant smirk. “You were in a library, admit it.”

“If it gets you to shut up.” He cracks up.

“Fine. I don't wanna upset my date. So how was the book discussion?”

“Great experience, as always. I have been in this book club for about a year and 3 months. Today is the first time I made an actual friend. Even though she is way older than me, I think we are going to get along just fine.” He smiles.

“I am happy for you.”

“I am happy for me too.”

“So why aren't you dating?” he questions.

“Why set yourself up for a heartbreak when you can life your peaceful life and masturbate whenever you’re horny?” he chokes on his drink.

“That just escalated way too fast.” I giggle and take a sip of my cocktail. “I have nothing against masturbation. Actually it shows that you're capable of creating your own pleasure. That's power. But every once in a while you need some strong, powerful strokes from a strong man. I am sure you get tired of pleasuring yourself with your fingers.” So we are doing this? We are talking about sex? Well how about I make him a bit uncomfortable.

“Who said I don’t have other means to make myself come? I do own the most exotic set of sex toys. Even a plug in dildo which is always so firm and ready for action. I don’t have to dress up for it.” He chuckles.

“Well mine is also ready whenever you are.” it's my turn to choke on my drink.

“I thought this was a friendly dinner and we are just getting to know each other.” He sighs and leans back on the chair.

“I am going to put all my cards on the table. I like you, your personality, your smile and your vibe. But I love sex more. So I would like to explore a sexual relationship with you, only if you're game.” He winks and I exhale loudly.

“I need to use the restroom.” He smirks.

“Go ahead.”

I stand up and as much as I wanna run to the restroom, I strut gracefully until I am inside and take a huge deep breath. That was insane. I have never talked about sex like that with a man. I need to keep it together. Fuck, he is sexy and so appealing. What's the worst that could happen if I agree to this sexual relationship? I just need to lock my heart and throw the key under the bed. Is that possible though with a charming man like Refilwe with his kind gestures? Fuck I am at crossroads.