~ • Chapter 23 : Together • ~

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay, Inumaki-senpai?" Megumi said running next to him "Salmon" He said, reassuring his kouhai that he was good for the time being. "What about you, Y/N?" Megumi looked at the girl. "I'm good, dont worry about me!" Y/N said stopping with the others for a quick moment. "Here it comes" Kamo yelled.

"Stop!" Toge yelled, the curse was frozen along with their attack, Kamo then proceeded to use his technique. "Convergence, Piercing Blood!" The blood went and shot towards it, making a little crack on the curse even though the attack was head on. "Hurry! He's just going to heal right away!" The boys ran up the stairs while Y/N stopped and made other barrier to stop the curse for sometime.

It wasn't much, but Y/N wasnt able to fully control her technique to the best ability, especially since they were inside with little to no resources. She turned back around and caught up with the 3 a little bit after.

Toge coughed a little making Y/N look at him. 'Is he already nearing his limit?' She thought, his technique really took a toll on his throat so even if it was a little cough it was a bad sign.

The barrier the Y/N made was broken by now but it got the 4 students ahead a bit more, 'Guess it was a good idea...' she thought. The attacks were nonstop though, destroying the building as it grew more and more. Finally there was the end of the building, a door leading outside as the 4 opened it and jumped out onto another building.

Megumi had summoned Nue to follow them for the time being, as the giant group of branches crashed through the opening of the door. The curse along with it, looking down at the students. All four prepared to fight for their lives at this point.

"Inumaki-senpai will stop it, dont worry, just go!" Megumi sent Nue flying towards the curse as Toge was preparing to set his attack. "Sto-" before they knew it, Nue had been struck right in the heart by the curses own hand. Toge had hit his limit, his mouth gushing of blood. Everyones eyes were wide. The curse had went up and got Kamo with a good hit sending him flying to the other side of the building they were on top of along with what looked like balls of branches. Y/N and Megumi prepared to protect him, Y/N making yet another barrier as Megumi grabbed Kamo and stepped back.

"Your barriers do not work young lady...your attacks are pathetically weak"

Y/N was speechless.

Was she really no help to fending off this curse at all?

"Are you alive, Kamo-san?" Megumi asked, both him and Y/N staying a far distance from the curse. The only two up and not harmed were the only two who could try and end this now. Megumi about to hold up another hand sign, Y/N about to make a kunai out of the metal bracelets around her wrist with her technique.

Just then the two were stopped, Toges hand was on both their shoulders making them turn back in suprise.

"Mustard Leaf" he said. His voice was sort of raspy and low, you could tell his throat was destroyed at that point. "Inumaki-senpai, that's enough..." worry was in Megumi's voice. "Please don't hurt yourself even more, we can deal with this!" Y/N said. Their senpai wasnt complying, still walking towards the curse as the curse itself was walking towards him too.

"Blast Away!" Inumaki yelled as the curse was sent crashing into the building they were just in. Blood coming out of his throat yet again as he fell to the floor. Y/N and Megumi looked in horror as the smoke cleared up and the curse rose from the building.

"You can't cut me with that dull blade" the curse spoke as suddenly Maki showed up and attempted to strike it, breaking the sword in the process.

Y/N and Megumi both jumped and with their swords, attempted to strike the curse. Both being able to cut off a piece of both horns on the curse. Maki, Megumi, and Y/N stood back waiting for the curses next attack.

The horns grew back as the curse spoke, "Now those swords aren't so bad". Y/N gripped her sword even tighter than before.

A black goop like figure surrounded Megumi as he switched out Maki's broken sword for what looked like a 3 sectioned staff.

"I have something even better" Maki said, "This one feels disgusting to use though...". "We're just getting started with this...huh?" Y/N said, turning the sword into a scythe as she combined it with her other metal bracelet.

.

.

.

"Yeah...we're just getting started!"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Thank you for reading At First Sight~
I appreciate the support!

This chapter was honestly a ton of fun
to make as I really got to show off
Y/N's technique more! It only gets
better from here!

More interactions with Megumi as well as
with Maki in their big fight will be
a little later on into these, so tune in
for those!

Thank you again for your support,
and have a lovely day/night! ♡

Lilly, Out! ♡

||Word Count : 1398 [Including A/N note]||