Chapter 4 - Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"We are warriors. Know this, we have the power to slay all of the titans that block our path. Even if we have to do it alone. As far as I am concerned, I am surrounded by a bunch of unskilled, cowardly worms." Mikasa pointed her sword, which had been pointed in the air, at out fellow graduates. "You disappoint me. You can just sit here and twiddle your thumbs and watch how it's done." Mikasa was so damn serious about all this, I didn't even bother hiding that I rolled my eyes.

"Wait- Mikasa are you out of your mind?! That's crazy!"

"You can't be serious! Trying to take them out by yourselves?!"

"There's no way you can hope to beat them!"

"If we can't beat them, then we die." Mikasa retorts to the denying comments. "But if we win, we live. And the only way to win, is to fight." Mikasa jumped off the building, launching off with her ODM gear.

I snicker and stick my tongue out at our fellow graduates before falling off the building backwards and following suit. "Come on worms!! We got some titans to kill!" I shout, grinning as I followed her.

I heard several shouts behind us as well as some ODM gear, and my grin only got bigger.

I may not like all this work, but I damn sure loved killing a little too much. Titan, human, octopus that can travel at Mach 20, the spirits of opponents I couldn't actually kill, I didn't really care. I just liked it. So I was happy to follow suit as apparently the only person Mikasa considered on her level (out of the people that were there anyway).

"Hurry up! Follow Mikasa and Shigaku! Avoid fighting if you can! And get to hq before you run out of gas!" Jean's shouts filled the air, like a real commander!

"Mikasa stop wasting your damn gas!" I yelled, right behind her out of momentum. I rolled my eyes when she fell to a roof, and I made the quick decision to continue to lead the others to headquarters with Jean.

We stopped on a roof, and I watched flatly as three people got themselves killed. I sighed and walked behind Jean, hitting the back of his head with my fist. "Don't beat yourself up for that shit. Your words wouldn't have stopped them and you don't have the gas. They threw themselves away." I speak, my face empty of emotion.

I don't care at all about the clearly disgusted looks I received from my apathetic words.

"What..?" Jean looked more confused than anything now.

"I said don't mind their deaths. If you can't look death in the face a little and continue, then you're pathetic." Even Reiner and Bertholdt looked at me shocked, and I scoffed at the look Jean gave me.

"You're more craz-" Jean's words stopped as soon as we locked eyes, he could've sworn the 'looking death in the eye' thing was looking me in the eyes right here and now.

An inhuman scream reverberated through the air from behind me and I scoffed, turning away and standing at the edge of the roof as I briefly inspected my blades and checked my gas.

"We're heading to headquarters now while they're distracted." Jean came back to his senses and commanded, and we were off towards headquarters again.

I sighed as someone got wiped out, but Jean and I both crashed through the windows of headquarters, followed by some of the rest of the graduates.

Jean and I both noticed what was left of the supply team but, while he began to scold them with Marco holding them back, I just gave them a sharp glare before walking around the room. I immediately took notice of the body of a man who'd chosen suicide and I sighed again, closing his eyes.

I've been sighing a lot.

God this was all so damn stressful and totally unfun when people were being stupid. They could at least be entertaining like Mikasa scolding them.