athena sighed and turned back round, heading for the bookshelves. why not borrow some more?

she went to her favourite section, muggle fiction.

it was always packed with books because none of the pureblood students dare touch those books. and it meant no one else would be in that section.

the brunette pulled a face of disgust as she walked past two students basically fucking in the dark arts section and kept walking, keeping her head down.

she walked uncomfortably down the shelves, noticing someone half asleep, reading. when she made it to her section, she immediately sighed in relief, roaming the books.

she picked out a few books, most of which she'd read before but loved so much: nineteen eighty-four, wuthering heights, emma, the great gatsby and frankenstein.

opening her book bag, she chucked the books in and carried on looking, just in case she'd find anything else in that section.

the smell of cigarettes quickly surrounded the air around her and she coughed quietly before turning around.

leaning against a bookshelf, smirking to herself and smoking, was regulus black.

"muggle fiction?" athena whispered mockingly. "really, black?"

"surprisingly, athena, i enjoy muggle authors' work," he said, pulling the cigarette away from his mouth. "one of the rare things they're good at is writing."

"i cannot believe my ears," she chortled. "you appreciate anything by muggles?"

"oh, shush," he smiled. "i'm not all that bad."

athena looked up at him, confused. she thought he was back to hating her? he stared right at her, sucking on his cigarette and blowing the smoke back out in her face.

"jesus," she coughed. "in my face? animal."

"sorry," he said, exhaling smoke to the side instead of in her face.

"don't you hate me again?" athena asked.

athena leant against the bookshelf, the scaly texture against her arm making her shiver slightly. she regretted not bringing a jacket, but it's not her fault. she never expected to run into regulus black and be stuck there for longer than usual.

he didn't say anything again, just stared right at her. his smirk began to fade slightly and his eyebrows knitted in a stressed position, his nose scrunching up in thought. not only did he look thoughtful, but also looked stressed. did her question stress him out?

"i don't hate you, love," he breathed, stepping closer to her. she opened her mouth to speak but her voice hitched and got stuck in her throat. instead she let out a weird scoffing noise. "what, you don't believe me?"

"i believe you," she gulped.

he stepped closer to her again. she felt his breath trailing down her body as she looked up at him.

"are you drunk?" she whispered. he smiled.

"among other things," he said, towering over her. "aren't you cold?"