Shock flashed through Nat's eyes as she realised who it was that had been pulling the strings. 

Antonia Dreykov. 

Dreykov's Daughter. 

"Why are you doing this?" Nat shook her head in disbelief, the last time she had seen Antonia she had left with the other Widows after the destruction of the Red Room. 

"Well you see I had a lot of time to think about what happened and our history Natalia. These scars, you gave them to me." Antonia gestured to the left side of her face as she spoke, "I was collateral damage in your first attempt to kill my father and then I suffered for years after that because of what you did, it was pure hell. Then you turn up again and succeed in killing my father and whilst you may have set me free from his control, you still murdered the only family I had left. And in your arrogance you just assumed that I should be thankful for that, well I'm sorry to disappoint you but I've decided that you should have to answer for what you've done." 

Nat had assumed that the widows that had been freed after the destruction of the Red Room had dispersed but now it was becoming apparent that Antonia had seized the opportunity to place herself as the new leader of the Widows. That was who had grabbed her in the alley, other Widows. 

"If you want me to answer for what I've done then why haven't you just killed me already? Why all the theatrics?" Nat asked arching a brow as she looked at Antonia. 

"It's come to my attention that there is a better way to make you pay for what you've done. You took someone from me, so it seems only fair that I do the same. Y/N was so focused on their assignment, that they never noticed the people I had watching them. My people followed you to that safehouse and well it was very interesting to learn just how much you care for Y/N" Antonia smirked, her eyes glistening with a dark amusement. 

"If your spies are so good at what they do, then you'll know that Y/N is currently in a cell in the most secure prison on earth. There is no way for you to get to them, not without Shield and the Avengers being alerted immediately" Nat shot back.  

Antonia only smirked more and it made Nat wish she wasn't handcuffed so she could wipe the smirk off the other woman's face. Clearly all those years of mental and physical abuse at the hands of her father had caused lasting damage, enough that Antonia had become just as twisted as him. 

"All of that is true, but you see I found quite a clever way around that problem. The Avengers are the ones who have gotten Y/N off the Raft for me and if I'm correct then Y/N will be hell bent on getting you back. Which will lead them right to me, right into the trap I'll have waiting. Don't worry I'll be be sure to get you a front row seat to see Y/N's final moments" Antonia laughed darkly before turning and leaving the room. 

**

Y/N stood in the centre of the Quinjet, they were assessing more of the photos and videos from Budapest. It had been decided that Wanda, Yelena and Clint would come to Budapest with them, to ensure that they didn't in their words 'try anything funny'. 

"Found anything?" Clint appeared on the other side of the table, having left Yelena to pilot of Quinjet. 

"I've found out how incompetent you all are at tracking someone, half of this is totally useless" Y/N snarled with irritation, "When we get to Budapest, you'll take me to the last place you believe Natalia was, I'll figure it out from there." 

"Look I get that you're pissed at us, but we did everything we could to find Nat" Clint replied defensively. 

"Well your everything wasn't enough was it" Y/N glared across the table at Clint, who just held shook his head and walked away from them. 

Y/N rolled their eyes and turned to another table where they had set up the laptop that the Avengers had retrieved from the apartment in New York they had been staying in before everything had gone to hell. It was a heavily encrypted laptop that Y/N used to communicate with their clients and they were currently waiting on a response from a particular client who was a major player in the Budapest criminal underworld. Nothing happened in that city without him knowing, so Y/N was calling in a favour. 

"You are terrible at sneaking up on people Witchy" Y/N said without even looking over their shoulder. 

"I wasn't trying to sneak up on you" Wanda replied, "We're about an hour out from Budapest. I just wanted to remind you to not get too far away when we get there" 

"Don't worry witchy, I'll be on my best behaviour. Though misbehaving with you would probably be far more fun" Y/N grinned as they winked at Wanda. 

"I understand that your attempts to flirt with me are your way of dealing with the fact that you are breaking inside because you blame yourself for what has happened to Nat. But you need to stop Y/N" Wanda warned them.  

"Why? Because the little widow is sat over there trying to pretend like she doesn't want to throw me out of this plane?" Y/N laughed, looking over at Yelena whose whole body tensed. 

"I mean it Y/N" Wanda said as she sent a surge of her magic into the rune on Y/N's arm causing them to hiss in pain. 

Y/N glared at Wanda and just as they considered threatening Wanda the notification chime on their laptop had them spinning round to read the reply. As they'd hoped, calling in the favour had paid off. 

"Change of plans, when we get to Budapest we're going to meet an old friend of mine" Y/n announced as they closed the laptop.