Starting Over. . . Again

Three Months Later

One gasped when someone wrapped their arms around her waist. She looked over her shoulder, a blush forming when she saw Steve smiling down at her.

"You didn't come visit me at work," he fake pouted.

"I'm sorry," One sighed as she turned around in his arms. "I had back-to-back photo appointments. I barely had time to drink water and eat a snack, let alone go see you."

"I know your new photo studio is just across the street from the video store," he pouted, "but it's too far."

"Especially considering we used to work in the same building," One chuckled. "I'm sorry I didn't come see you."

"It's okay," he sighed overly dramatically. He leaned in and whispered, "I think I know a way you can make it up to me."

"Oh really?" She elongated.

She smirked as she stood up on her toes. She hesitated before pressing her lips to his pout. The second they touched, he started kissing her back. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his chest.

She laughed as they bumped into her desk. They broke the kiss and looked at each other.

"I had something to tell you," he said breathlessly.

"But?" One teased.

"But I forgot."

She smiled as she stood on her toes and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. Before he could kiss her back, she broke it. He laughed as she walked away.

"Oh!" He yelled, making One laugh. "I remember."

"Did you?" She asked as she turned around with her arms crossed.

"The kids want to do something to celebrate before they go back to school."

"Like what?" One asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged unable to stop smiling at her. "I guess a new roller skating rink is opening up."

"The kids want to meet at the roller rink?" One asked, trying to hold in her laughter.

"I guess," Steve shrugged as he grabbed her hand and pulled her back into his chest.

"When?"

"Tomorrow after work."

"Sounds good," One said as she walked over and started grabbing her things. "We can head over after our shifts."

"What about tonight?" Steve asked as he caught up to her and grabbed her hand.

"Dinner and a movie?" She offered.

"Sounds good to me."

* * * * *

The next night, One and Steve met the kids at the town's new skating rink. They walked in and were instantly greeted with crazy lights, colors, and music.

As they got their skates, One noticed Steve acting a little weird. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that he's been in his head lately.

"You okay?" She asked when she noticed him staring at her.

"Yeah," he stuttered. He chuckled before clearing his throat. He clapped his hands and jokingly rubbed them together.

"Ready?" He asked as he held his hand out for her. Steve stood up and instantly had to catch himself.

"Are you?" One giggled.

She stood up with ease and skated over to help him up. With their hands intertwined, the two made their way to the indoor track. They spent the next hour skating around in a circle, listening to music, talking and laughing.