"Since Ryder was still taking classes. He used to go to school to finish his academic years. The school lets him take them for a short while and allows to let him out early if there's an emergency." Chase explained. "But, it was alright though since Ryder's grades keeps getting through the roof as they would say..."

"He told us that he really loved Ashley so much, but, she's so mean!" Skye exclaimed. "One time, she 'accidentally' poured water on Rocky and she made me slip by blocking my way with her foot!" She exposed. Darius frowns at this. "How come Ryder never noticed this?" He asks with worry and anger. "He was so blinded by Ashley. She does these things to us when Ryder isn't looking or not even around..." Zuma answers.

Darius huffed. Ryder fell in love with someone so absurd and he doesn't even notice it. He really wants Ryder to break up with her but, he knows it isn't his place to do so. He respects Ryder's decisions and he has to respect this one even though he hates the idea. The duke sat down on the chair as he formed his hands into a fist. He took a deep breath to calm himself to take his anger down and to not let his temper get over him. He doesn't even know why he was so mad.

Probably because that his crush was in love with someone who isn't him.

×

A few days came by and Ryder was finally discharged out of the hospital, his arm and wrist resting on an arm sling so he can move without disturbing it. He can't do much without the pups and the duke telling him to take a rest, which annoys him. He really can't stay mad at them, he loves them all dearly. He huffed as they lead him to sit down on the giant green bean bag; which is his favourite.

'this is gonna be a long week...' he thinks.

It has been a few minutes or so, and Ryder was reading some news articles to at least distract himself from the aching pain of his crunchy broken bones and sprained arm. Rubble and Zuma rushed to the boy, barking happily as they wagged their tails in delight. "Ryder! Ryder! Can we go to the beach?! Darius said you might need some fresh air and enjoy the warm sun!" Rubble happily exclaimed and the boy giggled.

'finally, something to do other than rest! thank you, Darius!'

"Okay, sure! I'd love to~!" Ryder slowly got up and placed his pup pad inside his vest pocket as he went out with the pups.

As he, Darius and the pups are at the beach, enjoying the bright sun and salty sea air, typical Adventure Bay weather. Ryder was wearing his sunglasses to protect his eyes and as he was placing sunscreen, he saw something at the corner of his eye. Ryder looked at that direction and he gasped, he felt hot tears streaming down his cheeks and his heart shattered into pieces as he saw the girl he proudly calls his girlfriend, was cheating on him; with another guy! The boy sniffled as he crushed the suncream bottle with his hand and ran away from the beach, towards somewhere safe and silent. He doesn't want to deal with this with anyone. Not ever. He refuses to.

Darius saw Ryder running away and he looked at the direction that the spiked haired boy was looking at earlier and he gasped. He was angry but, he doesn't want to fight Ashley; not because she's a girl but, because Ryder doesn't want to. It's against his own boundary.

Ryder was sobbing under a tree, absolutely heartbroken. For the second time in his existence. He knows he wasn't enough for Ashley but, he decided to stay, for her. They had a connection, there's no lie about that. Ashley just somehow lost interest in him. Probably because even if he tries, he can't make time for her. And probably she used him for popularity at the school he used to go. The boy hiccuped as he tries to wipe his tears away, trying to collect his broken self once again.

Ryder gasped when he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked at his side. It was Darius, a small warm smile plastered on his face as he sat down next to him. "She really cheated on you, huh?" He asks and Ryder slowly nods his head in sadness as he sulks back in his knees. The duke rubbed the boy's back to calm him down. "You know, he doesn't really deserve you... You're too handsome and perfect to be wasted away like that. And the fact that she probably used you?! absolute dumbass! You deserve someone better than that cheap bitch!" Darius exposed himself and he blushed brightly after what he said. He rubbed his head in embarrassment.

Ryder sniffled. "You really think so?" He asks softly as he wiped his tears. "of course you fucking are! You're amazing, talented, kind, cute and just overall an angel! I wouldn't let anyone bring you down just like that! You don't fucking deserve any hate at all!" Darius replied happily, trying his best to cheer Ryder up.

He really likes the boy and will do anything just to make Ryder happy. Ryder smiled at that and he hugged Darius, making the royal let out a squeak of surprise and he smiles shyly as he rubbed the younger boy's back.

"Thanks but, next time... Watch your language, please?" Ryder pleaded, making the duke chuckle. "I will..."

Darius was content with Ryder embracing him, and Ryder was too. Both boys never want to let go until the other does.