And They Were Room-mates

(How they moved in together.)

Mr Cain and Mr West had been working together for roughly a month and a half, and in that time they'd grown closer than either of them had expected. Dan had been trying to convince West to go get drinks with him, when one day he finally succeeded, on the condition it was only the two of them.

They had been sitting together and chatting for a while, West still talking as sternly as he usually did, though occasionally breaking character and laughing at Dan's shitty puns and one liners. Eventually, they found themselves on the topic of finances and living situations. "I think I'll need to find a room-mate soon. I'm not able to afford the place by myself." Dan said with a sigh, and Herbert hummed in agreement. "I'll have to do the same." Dan turned his head to face him, as if he's suddenly realised something, "Well, why don't you and I live together?"

Herbert choked out an awkward laugh, "You sure you want to spend that much time with me? We already spend everyday of the week together." Dan smiled reassuringly, "I think it sounds like a good idea, I like having you around." West fiddled with his hands and turned to face away, blushing a bit. "And, what about miss Halsey...?" Dan heaved a sigh, "She... doesn't want to move in any time soon." Herbert nodded. "So, when shall I move in?" He looks at Dan again, attempting eye contact. "I don't see why you can't move in this weekend." He said with a smile, West's eyebrows raised for a moment, "Really?" Dan nodded, and Herbert gave a shy smile, "Alright..."