Part 16- Your eyes shine like the moonlights soft gaze.

Start from the beginning

"Come on you two, let's get on the bus! We have a long day of school ahead of us." Akechi says, getting on the bus. You and Makoto exchange angry gazes as you both board the bus. Yeah, you think, he's mine.

================================================================================

A week later, everyone gathered at the local arcade to play the last day of school arcade games. Makoto was losing, as she deserved to. She screeched in rage, sounding like your mother in that fire... Your head hurts as you remember the tragic events that took place a few days ago. The smell of burning flesh, still burnt into your nostrils, never able to leave. You fall to your knees in front of Akechi who quickly kneels down and puts his arm around your tiny shoulders. The smell of his shampoo replaces the sickening odor of your mother's flesh.

"Is everything alright?" He asks, looking into your beautiful eyes with his cute chocolate orbs. You smile a bit and grab his soft hand, standing up slowly as you look around. 

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just had some bad memories is all," you say, smiling as he looks at you with a cute expression. 

"Hey...  [YOUR NAME HERE], I have something I need to tell you..." Akechi said, his beautiful voice never once cracking or faltering. 

"What is it?" You ask, your face getting redder. 

"Akechi! You can't tell her that!" Makoto said, storming over. "You don't want to look like a FREAK." She growled, looking you dead in the eyes as she pulls him away. You stand there in silence, shocked at the potential reveal of his feelings, and angry that Makoto had ruined such an important moment. Akechi tries to pull away from Makoto but her raw strength was too much for his soft body. My soft boo boo bear! Getting taken by some crazy bitch!!! , you think, balling your fists slightly. She won the battle but the war isn't over. Why is she so possessive over the boy I love? I thought they were just siblings! But maybe I was wrong! Maybe this is an attack on ME! Does Makoto love Akechi? And not in the sibling way, but in the illegal sibling way. You decide that it doesn't matter right now and just go back to your temporary home. 

As you walk in, it's quiet except for the soft humming coming from the kitchen. The lights start to flicker, the bulbs needing to be replaced desperately. What you assume is Mom Okumura continues to hum her joyful song. The only consistent light source was from the heart of the noise bleeding out into the rest of the house. 

Every step you take feels heavy, and the old floorboards creak under your weight, despite being a slightly newer house. One, two, three four, you count, slowly making your way towards the open kitchen. You finally peer around the corner from the soft, flickery light of the home. Inside the kitchen, Mom Okumura is nowhere to be found. The oven is left open, and noodles are covering the counter. Eggs litter the floor, their fragile shells like broken glass scattered across the tile of the kitchen. The only thing that seems even remotely alive is the old radio in the corner, chirping away with Mom Okumura's favorite song. You take another shaky step in, looking around the desolate place. The light above you begins to flicker, showing that the kitchen is just as unstable as the rest of the house. 

"Oh goodness!" Mom Okumura says, walking to the center of the kitchen. "Who did this? I don't remember throwing all these eggs everywhere!" She chuckled, getting the broom. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Mom Okumura. I couldn't control myself!" You say, laughing to yourself. She starts to clean up your mess, looking at you gently. You sit down in a chair and look up at Mom Okumura as she cleans. 

"How was the arcade, my beautiful daughter?" Mom Okumura asks, looking over at you. You think a bit, not exactly wanting to explain what happened. You still hurt. Everything about you hurt. It wasn't a good day, you think, sitting in your little chair. Makoto really pissed you off, and you'd rather not think about her. You change the topic.