𝚃𝚠𝚘

~Benny~
7:36 am
I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It was finally summer time. The time everyone was waiting for, especially me. I could go to the sandlot and play baseball nonstop. I loved baseball. Baseball was life.

*30 MINUTES LATER*

It was my turn to bat. Kenny pitched the ball to me. It felt like it was going in slow motion. I swung my bat.

CRACK

The ball went soaring in the air and I made it to all of the bases. HOME RUN. It was the first home run of the summer. I knew summer was going to be great.

Me and the boys gathered to the dugout chugging our cold water.

Kenny and Bertram started laughing hysterically.

I knitted my eyebrows together "what's so funny"

"Oh your totally gonna wanna hear this" Kenny said trying to stop laughing "So you know that one girl at our school, Amber"

"Oh yeah, that brat" I said nodding my head

"Don't call her a brat I am dating her best friend" Kenny said "Well Amber was giving Mrs. Williams attitude yesterday. She didn't do the book report that was assigned 3 weeks ago and Mrs. Williams gave her dentition. But if you know Amber, she wasn't going to go so she kept saying stuff about how she wasn't going to do it. Then Mrs. Williams was going to give her summer school and she said, no. Mrs. Williams got angry" Kenny said trying so hard not to laugh and ruin the story.

I bursted out into laughter, so did all of the crew.

"How did she not get suspended or even expelled" I said shaking my head smiling

"I know right" Bertram said agreeing

I am going to admit, Amber was brave. I would never have courage to say that to the meanest teacher ever! Nobody would.

"Ready to play" I said closing the lid to my water bottle and setting it down

"Yeah sure, but, is it okay if Hailey goes to the sandlot tomorrow" Kenny said

"Yeah sure, I don't mind" I said nodding my head eager to play "Wait, is she bringing Amber"

"Yeah I think so, why" Kenny said questioning

"She is so annoying" I said groaning

"Suck it up, I wanna see Hailey" Kenny said rolling his eyes

"Whatever" I said taking another sip of my water

"Let's play" Ham said

We all got to our spots on the field and got into position. I was batter, of course.

~Amber~
11:17 A.M

"Amber, wake up"

I groaned and turned the opposite direction. I obviously knew I had to get up but I wanted to be dramatic so I stayed in bed