regulus sighed. "jenkins, you really don't get it?"

"what am i supposed to get?"

"the whole fucking thing!"

athena bit her lip and stared at him. what whole fucking thing? she looked him up and down and shook her head. she wanted to cry but she didn't even know why.

"i don't get anything," she said, trying to blink back tears. "you're confusing me."

"you're accusing me of relying on you, jenkins, when mulciber was the one that dropped me here," he said. "i'm glad he did. doesn't mean i asked him to. so technically, we're still even."

"even?" she repeated, her voice raising. "you think this whole thing about helping each other is to be fucking even?"

athena got out of bed and turned away from him, her mind running.

"athena, isn't it time—?"

she turned back round, puzzled. "what the fuck are you on about?"

"let me explain," he pleaded.

"get out," she said calmly. "get the fuck out. you are never to ask me for help again."

"i was willing to try and help you rem—"

"get out!" she snapped. her voice cracked. "you overwhelm and confuse the fuck out of me. i don't want to see you. please just leave me alone. i'm tired of you. don't tease me, mess with my head, annoy me or ask me for help, try to be nice or help me. please."

regulus nodded. "i'm sorry. for it all. for more than you understand. i'll be leaving."

she watched as he walked to the door. he grabbed the doorknob and turned back to face her before he turnt it.

"my shirt.."

"fuck," athena muttered as she pulled his shirt off her chest and threw it to him. he caught it and disappeared out of her room.

athena thought for a few seconds and realised how stupid that was. why were they fighting? why did she snap? what did anything he said even mean?

doesn't matter. he wouldn't let anyone in, even someone like athena, who he caused so much stress and frustration, yet she cared about his life and feelings. someone like that doesn't come to you everyday. it's rare to be so hurtful to someone yet they are so careful not to hurt you. and he didn't let her in, he didn't care about her.

and so, she gave up. she decided that she won't help him anymore. she's going to forget about him and think about james. things between them might be getting back on track.

"morning, beautiful," james said as he slung his arm around her and kissed her head. "ready to go down for breakfast?"

"shit, i'm so sorry for this because you just came all the way up here and— godric. could we just have breakfast up here?"

james smiled. "of course, love."

he grabbed something small for the both of them and they ate in athena's room. she decided to explain some of the regulus situation to him, but she wasn't telling the entire truth.