( 2 ) double trouble !

Feb. 11

꒰ Eru's POV ꒱

"I would like to request for your help, and possibly Mayaka's as well, in catching the two notoriously known phantom thieves ."

Notoriously known phantom thieves ? I think I heard about them before, no, I'm sure I have .

"Oh, I think I know who youre referring to ! They've been on the news before for stealing.. a painting, right ?" I saw the news about them just a few days ago, I only briefly heard it however I wanted to keep it in mind just in case .

"Yes, just about 5 days ago . The reason why I haven't contacted you sooner is I believed they were simply regular thieves who wouldn't require your assistance as their crimes had yet to be as big as they are in terms of the current robbery ." Ah ! So that's the reason for my current cases being so small ! In any case, back to business..

Even through her seemingly calm take on this matter, I could tell it stressed her out a little . I've known her for years, it isn't hard to dissect her personality and habits after a certain amount of time . She did say she was already taking on another case, maybe thats the reason why she seems a little agitated .

"Ah, I see... Would you like for us to come over right away, or should we wait until another time ?" I could see Mayaka walking up to the front desk of the shop right now, I was really hoping we'd get to spend this day together but if we have a job to do, then there's no point in complaining .

After a moment of silence, and a few typing noises, Irisu spoke again, "Whenever you're both available, however it is preferred to be some time today or tomorrow, thank you again ." Before I could even answer, she had already hung up on me . I guess she is really busy so no surprise there, I just hope she isn't overworking herself though..

Mayaka seemed to be done and began to walk over to me with an excited smile on her face, "So, Chi, what kind of chocolates did you get for me ?" She sounded so excited yet humble, it was so amusing that I had to stifle my laughter .

Maybe, just maybe, Irisu's request can wait until tomorrow . I'd like to spend all the time left that I have with Mayaka for today's friendship outing !

-------

꒰3rd POV꒱

The red sun shined into Irisu's neatly set office and directly onto the notable papers sprawled out across her desk . To many, she may seem calm and collected, but in truth she could not have been more troubled . Her head sitting gently upon her hands as she reread the papers in front of her for the 5th time since she called Eru, and her anxiety still had yet to let up .

The honesty in her words from her talk with Eru had faltered at the end of their conversation .

"Whenever you're both available, however it is preferred to be some time today or tomorrow, thank you again ."

No, she would not have been satisfied with the next day . She wanted to hear their answer today, she didn't believe she could sleep through the agony and stay as patient as she wished if her time to dwell on these thoughts were to slow down, as if taunting her efforts .

The letters on each sheet seemed to dance the longer she stared at each, no matter how long she examined each letter and space, her agitated feelings refused to subside and continued to persist on and on .

A calling card... they wouldn't have done this if it was purely about the profit, they'd avoid leaving any evidence behind at all cost if that were the case, and yet...

The thoughts wouldn't leave her mind, was this simply a game seen to be played solely because "why not" ? Did they decide to tease the detectives and sneer at their attempts to capture them, or perhaps was there an honest purpose to their crimes ?

All thoughts racing through her mind, and yet only one remained to haunt her, the contents of the so-called calling card . The chilling note that she couldn't decipher the meaning of,

"i scream"

ch. 2 - END