Part 6

''i'll shoot her if you come any closer!'' the man barked at Loki who's eyes burned right through him.

''they want my wings'' Dove warned him as she felt the gun press into her side harder.

''so i've heard'' Loki smirked at the man as he took a bold step forward and the man took them back a step away, gritting his teeth as he glanced at his unconscious partner. ''apparently they're not even Hydra, they're just as harmless as bank robbers trying to make a quick salary with your unearthly limbs before blowing the place up.''

''and how would you know?'' Dove questioned.

''i got my own interrogation'' Loki smirked before turning back to the man ''you're men downstairs are gone, whether out of the building or in the afterlife it's up to you to go down and find out. but it's either you release my pretty bird, or stay here long enough to see this building go up in flames.''

''shut up!'' the man snarled, looking over Dove's back as if trying to figure out how to get her wings to appear before it was to late ''she's coming with me trickster, just back off and i won't shoot you''

''we need to get the people to safety first'' Dove rang in but Loki shoot his head, keeping up the casual conversation as if the mortal before them didn't matter at all compared to being in the presence of a Thenagarian and an Asgardian.

''already did, i triggered the fire alarms and the ceiling rain was enough to send everyone on their way''

''i mean it!'' the man yelled and pointed the gun at her head instead.

''how much time do we have?'' Dove asked, her body tensing at the gun's new location.

''about 60 seconds.'' Loki told her as his eyes flashed green, almost as if their eyes and body were having a separate conversation as the man's breath seemed to pick upon hearing the time.

''that's about enough time.'' Dove nodded before stomping on his foot while exactly at the same time, tilted her head all the way back so the bullet would fly past instead. after the shot was fired, she elbowed him in the face before side stepping for Loki to send a blast at him in his abdominal, making him fly back and land on top of the door which held his unconscious partner right below.

''we'll have to do this the hard way but i'm sure the ambulance will come once they notice smoke soon'' Loki spoke out loud before raising the men up from the ground with his magic and shooting them up in the air so the roof broke and they were now on the outside, now being thrown to the front of the building to where the rest of the crowd was departing from indoors.

without another second, Dove and Loki quickly ran to the window and across the hanging balcony, knowing it wasn't going to be fun but quickly leaped off the edge just as the bomb went off. the building erupted on the cliff as Loki and Dove fell down and landed in the water just below the overhanging and now destroyed balcony. after a moment, both their heads popped out of the water as they quickly began swimming away from the falling debris before they waded in the waters to look back from where they came.

''i'm sure there are better ways of distraction than blowing things up'' Dove sighed.

Loki couldn't help but chuckle as he nodded in agreement ''well i hope this effects from community service punishment since i did remove the mortals out of the building''

Dove rolled her eyes and laughed as they turned towards the swore and started making their way ''well i'll be sure to put a good word in with Ni-''

Loki raised a brow at her cut off and turned, panic in his eyes to find she was gone ''Dove!?'' without a second thought he dove down, his heart practically jumping as he swam faster to keep up with her. her wings had returned and were dragging her down by it's weight; he was sure she had mentioned it sometime that she couldn't do water- but the whole cliff diving was out of their control. with a bit of magic to help speed him up, he caught hold of her wrist and they both yanked themselves up to the surface, making her hold onto him as she coughed a bit of water out of her lungs.

''well.. can't time everything perfectly..'' Loki breathed, clearly doing a bad job at hiding his recovery panic as Dove shook and clung onto him.

''thank you..'' she sighed, doing her best to pull them into a folded position where they weren't outstretched and weighing them down as they made their way to shore.

once on the beach, they both layed on their backs catching their breaths, not really realizing how close they were until their hands landed on each others, both to tired to care.

''..it kind of sucks after all of this, they were basically just a bunch of black market dealers..'' Dove sighed, glad it wasn't something as serious as Hydra but the lack of research for the mission was a bit underappreciated.

''i suppose this means the mission won't take longer than they thought.'' Loki reminded, disappointment hinted in his voice.

Dove took notice and turned her head, looking back at him and noticed their hand placements, hesitating before taking a light grip ''..does this mean things will go back to.. normal when we get back?''

Loki hesitated and turned his head to return her gaze ''..i'm not exactly sure why things were the way things were before all of this, besides the understandable feelings towards my past actions.. but i wouldn't exactly mind having things stay the way things are now when we get back..''

a small smile came to her lips, not exactly having to ponder this as she looked back up at the now setting sky ''i'm sure that could be reasonable Trickster.'' she lightly teased and sat up, raising her wings up before fluffing them, getting rid of all the sand and water from them before she got up, offering a hand

''come on, I'll teach you how to take a bus.''

(final. i hope you enjoyed :) please checkout my other stories ♥)