Eventually, it was lunchtime. You sighed in relief. A much-needed break. You set down the knife and ran over to the homestead. You were smiling as you got into the line.

"Hey, Greenie! You should sit with us!" Thomas called you over. You gave him a weird stare. You gestured to yourself, and then wrote your name in the air.

"Oh- we call everyone Greenie until the next boy comes up," Newt explained to you, understanding your confusion. You huffed and crossed your arms after you sat your plate down on an empty table beside them to imitate your frustration with the tradition.

"Yeah, it's not that fun but you'll get used to it. Everyone's been through the annoyance of being called Greenie for a whole month," Thomas laughed a bit.

You picked your plate up from the empty table. This prompted an argument about who you sat next to, but you sat by Thomas because he asked first. The table had Newt, Minho, the little kid, and a few other guys you weren't familiar with. You sat down hesitantly.

"Have you eaten anything yet? I swear Frypan's food is the best!" Minho said. You wondered why he was still here when he should be running. But you guessed that others were running instead. You shook your head because you had not in fact tried the food yet today. Though you had eaten select items when in the med-jack hut like fruit and small meals, this would be your first real breakfast here. When you did try the food though, your eyes widened and you started shoveling the food into your mouth. Everyone laughed a bit at your reaction.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

Upon returning to your job after lunch, you had a lot of things to think about. Whilst momentarily zoning out, you managed to cut your hand pretty good. Winston, the keeper of the slicers sent you down to the med-jack's hut to get a bandage.

"Hey, Y/N!" Jeff said. You smiled at him and then held up your hand to show them. He gasped a bit and told you to sit down while he grabbed some bandages and water.

"Can I see your hand?" Clint asked when Jeff wandered off to find the supplies. You held it up again, blood dripping down your palm. He tried to grab it to inspect it, but you quickly pulled your hand back. "Sorry, Y/N. But I need to see it." he reasoned with you. You were completely against it though and refused to give him your hand. He sighed and waited until Jeff came back.

When he got back you grabbed the bandages and water as he set them down. They watched as you expertly cleaned the wound and bandaged it up. Tying it just tight enough with your teeth and free hand. They were a bit amazed at the sudden show of skill.

"Y/N! You should be a med-jack with those skills!" Jeff exclaimed.

"Could you um- help us out the rest of the day if you're not too busy?" Clint asked. You nodded and smiled at them, pleased to have your skills recognized. You went to ask Winston first, of course.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

Eventually, you heard some shuffling by the doorway and Thomas poked his head in. You gave him a confused look. Is he hurt? you thought to yourself. But once he fully stepped in he appeared to be okay. But you took the initiative to check him over once as the med-jacks had informed you to do, after all, he must've come to the med-jack hut for something right? You stood up from your stool and walked over. You eyed him up and down, checking his hand for cuts and then you put your hands on both sides of his head, turning it side to side to make sure he was okay. He went a bit stiff.