She's Aurora.

Aurora Minerva takes her name to heart. Like the Disney princess, she sleeps for what feels like forever. All of her friends despise her for it. In the summer, she doesn't leave her bed until at least 2 pm.

"Aurora." JJ Maybank bellows, knocking on the girl's door.

"Yeah, good luck with that, Maybank." Lucca Minerva chuckles from the end of the hall.

"Why the hell is her door locked? She knows she'll sleep past noon and piss all of us off." Pope Heyward whines. By now, Pope had fallen to the floor dramatically.

"She's Aurora." August Minerva comments, while walking past the two boys.

"Come on, Rory. We want to go on the HMS. It's, like, 600 degrees and the hurricane last night means the fish will be easy to catch." JJ whines, trying to convince the Minerva girl to listen.

"Let's just go through the window." Pope whispers. This wasn't the pogue boys' first rodeo. They've had to literally drag Aurora out of bed countless times before.

They find the ladder in the Minerva garage and prop it up against the house. JJ goes up the ladder first, Pope follows. Thankfully, Aurora's window is unlocked.

JJ pounces onto Rory. Pope chuckles and tears the sheets off the girl's body. JJ opens all the curtains, allowing the hot Outer Banks sun to bask into Aurora's bedroom.

Aurora groans, loudly.

"She's alive!" Pope exclaims jokingly.

Aurora's brown hair sprawls everywhere around her, covering her face. Pope lays down beside the girl. He gently moves her hair out of her eyes.

JJ gags, "I'm going downstairs. Gotta see daddy Minerva."

Pope smiles, knowing JJ has a joke that Aurora has a MILF dad. JJ has a photo of Aurora's dad in his wallet. It's the only thing in there, since the pogue teen has no money. That is how dedicated he his to this joke between him and Aurora. Aurora lifts up her hand, showing a middle finger to JJ as he leaves, smiling.

"Get ready, Rory. We're going on the HMS." Pope informs her, again.

"Yeah, I heard you the first time. I also heard you were going to climb through my window. I was gonna lock it, but I decided it took too much energy." Aurora replies, giggling.

Pope lifts his head, "The window is, like, 2 feet from your bed."

"Yup."

Pope laughs. He goes to her dresser, knowing the girl won't get out of bed willingly, but will later be mad at herself for not getting dressed. Pope picks a light green bikini, ripped jean shorts, and his light brown button up shirt that he had forgotten days before.

"Put this on, Sleepy."

Aurora smiles at the nickname he gave her. He had come up with it after Aurora forced him to watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in the fourth grade.

When Aurora finally tumbles out of bed, Pope cheers. He claps his hands like a child and jumps around in excitement.

"I know you do that just to mess with me."

"Maybe."

Aurora rolls her eyes, collects the outfit Pope picked, and gets ready for the day.

While he waits for Aurora, Pope wanders around her room. He finds a polaroid photo of him and Aurora at their friend, John B's, house. Aurora's arms are wrapped around his neck in a hug, while she kisses his cheek. He smiles.

Pope Heyward and Aurora Minerva have been friends the longest out of their friend group, the pogues. Aurora's dad grew up in Charleston, South Carolina, but he would come to the Outer Banks in the summer. He met Pope's father when he was 5 and they've been friends ever since. Aurora's dad became mayor of the Outer Banks, but Pope's father stayed a pogue. He would be until the day he dies.