spook forty one ;; ☾

Start from the beginning

the principal had mercilessly chewed you and watanabe out, but the fifth school mystery had tried to lessen the blow; originally the two of you were going to be suspended for a week for fighting on school grounds, but after talking it out in private with the principal tsuchigomori brought your punishment down to two weeks detention instead- you had had to fight back a dry laugh as watanabe learned he was still getting suspended.

'maybe i should thank hanako for giving tsuchigomori puppy dog eyes in the first place- otherwise, he might've just stayed out of it.' after a second, you shook your head. 'nah. sensei loves me.'

you turned on your side, ignoring your phone chiming with notifications that were probably from your friends. your knuckles hurt, your scalp where he had pulled your hair, and so did the parts of your face that watanabe had hit.

'detention starts tomorrow. what do people even do in detention?' you sighed, turning on your stomach now and burying your face in your pillow. 'i just want to sleep forever. i hate it here.'

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

eventually you had drifted off into a dreamless sleep. you had woken to rain pattering your window, and a fuzzy feeling in your head.

'yuck.' you pushed yourself to a sitting position, holding your head as you glanced at your alarm clock. '6:40 in the god damn morning. oh well. let's get this day over with, why don't we?'

you jumped out of bed, hoping that your sudden movements would help to wake yourself up. you grabbed your towel and dashed into the bathroom, pausing in front of the mirror as something strange caught your eye.

'...huh? i thought i'd have bruises all on my face- where are they?' you pressed your fingertips to where watanabe had landed his blows, narrowing your eyes. 'and... nothing hurts?'

"do i have godlike healing now...?" you mumbled to yourself, looking at your hand. "holy fuck- ah, never mind. i should hurry and get this over with."

after taking a short bath, you fixed your hair and put on your uniform. scrunching your face up at your reflection, you dug your fingernails into your palms.

"today is going to be a good day! even with your dumbass detention! because it's wednesday. and you love wednesdays."

that was a stretch. you tolerated wednesdays.

you hurried down the stairs, pulling up your thigh highs and sliding into the kitchen as you hummed along to a song looping in your head. you picked up a purple sticky note on the counter, tipping my head.

"make sure to eat breakfast- stay safe on your way to school!"

you blinked at the note in confusion; there was no doubt your mom wrote it- it was her handwriting, after all- but it wasn't like her to take the time to leave one for you. she was always in a rush before heading to a shift at the hospital.

"...i guess i should at least have some fruit."

after giving sachiko her breakfast, you sliced up some of your f/f. you finished your breakfast in silence, glancing at the clock every so often as you cleaned up the kitchen.

"7:15. time to get going." you bent down, giving the cat weaving around your legs a soft kiss between her ears. "wish me luck- let's hope my classmates haven't decided to hate me all at once."