The Naming of the Jellicle Cats

"Come on!" Said the black and white cat as he ran towards Victoria and I. He grabbed my paw (which may or may not have caused me to blush ) and led me to a cemetery gate with Victoria close behind. He let go of my paw much to my disappointment and slipped through the gate with ease. My sister and I were blocked by slightly older cats. " So, what's your name?" One of them asked us looking like the leader. Victoria and I simultaneously ran towards the other side only to be blocked again. "Cat got your tongue?" Asked a Siamese a teasing manner. "Please let them" said the black and white cat before being replied "Shut it! I am trying to protect you." The brown cat hissed in a protective manner. I mouthed a "thank you" to him while Victoria said "I-I am Victoria and this is my sister Katelyn." My shyness taken over me caused me to look down and fiddle with my white paws as my tail swished behind me. "Victoria and Katelyn? Surely you must have others?" Said a tall golden brown furred abyssian cat. "Others ?" Asked Victoria as I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "Move aside Demeter and Cassandra," said the gray cat, when they did what was told he said "I apologize for their behavior, I am Munkstrap. You already know theses twos names. Come with me, there is a lot to tell you." Munkstrap reached his paw out , to Victoria took it hesitantly and looked back at me, I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows. Do cats even have eyebrows? I don't know just go with it. She playfully scoffed at me and followed him. We slipped through the gate bars. I felt like I was being watched, this made me a tad uncomfortable. "The naming of cats is a difficult matter, It isn't just one of your holiday games, You may think I'm as mad as a hatter, When I say a cat must have three different names," said Munkstrap. "Three?" I quietly questioned. He just nods and continues "First of all, there's the name the family use daily, such as" "Peter," "Augustus," "Alonzo," "Or James," "But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular, One that's peculiar, one more dignified, Else how could he keep his tail perpendicular? Or spread his whiskers, or cherish his pride?" "But above and beyond there is still one name left over, And that is one you will never guess, That name that no human research can discover, But the cat himself knows, and will never confess," Munkstrap stood on top of a stone table and offered Victoria a paw to help her up. She took it and I just stood there letting the two have their moment. "When you notice a cat in profound meditation, The reason I tell you is always the same: His mind is engaged in the rapt contemplation, Of the thought," Something took over me and I started to dance and so did Victoria. "Of the thought, Of the thought, Of his name. His ineffable effaneffable, Deep and inscrutable name," I looked up and I saw the black and white cat juggling three balls in the moon light. "Mister Mistofelees! The magical cat. Jellicle cats come out tonight, Jellicle cats come one come all for the Jellicle moon is shining bright,Jellicles come to the Jellicle ball. Jellicles come to ... woah!" He said as he clumsily tumbled down and land on a gravestone on his back. "To the Jellicle ball, heh," as he pulled red flowers out of his sparkly jacket sleeve. Almost immediately I went to help him up. "Are you all right?" I asked worriedly as he got up. "Yes, I am fine. Thank you and my name is Mister Mistofelees or Misto if you prefer." He said and laughed nervously as he gave me the flowers. "Thank you and my name I am Katelyn." I said shyly looking down slightly. " You were saying something about a ball?"