Chapter one: Boring Day

It was a normal day.

Austin Sanders woke up, left to work, and typed away. He had been trying to get better. Stop overworking, break bad habits. He knew it would take a while, but he was willing to take as much time needed.

He typed line after line on his computer. Well, it wasn't his. It was Nintendo's computer. But either way, it was kind of his?

But there was no use thinking of it. He was going to focus on his work for now, and let his mind wander when he got home. So he continued to type, the keys clicking with a satisfying sound.

-...-

By the time lunch break came, he had a good chunk of work done. He was proud. This meant less work when he got home. Picking himself out of the chair, he stretched, and walked out of the door. The lunch room was a bit away from his cubicle, but he didn't really care. As long as he got to eat something.

Suddenly he bumped into someone. Wait.. was that Henry? Panic swept through him. He and Henry had started dating not long after both of them joined Nintendo as interns, which was a while ago. " Oh god - Henry ,  are you okay ? " He asked, helping him up.

" I'm fine ...  Are you okay ? " Came the shaken reply. Nodding, he set him to his feet again. " I'm sorry for bumping into you , " dusting his shirt off, and looking him in the eyes. He had bags under his eyes again. " No ,  it's alright . I bumped into you . " Henry said, waving his hands in rushed emphasis.

" ... Have you been getting any sleep lately ? " He didn't reply, but looked away with a small amount of shame. " You need to get more sleep , Hen ... You know that's bad . " I scolded. Looking at his face again, he just sighed. He was really concerned for his wellbeing.

We said out goodbyes, and I kept onto my walk to the lunch room.

I got there, ate a bagel and some coffee, chatted with Jonathan, and went back to work.

He worked until 5pm, went home, did more work, then slept.

A completely fine, uneventful day.