Unexpected and Unforgiving

< Note: the POV change from the last update will STAY until said otherwise.

Other Note: sorry for not updating, don't kill me! >

You must understand something. I am not someone to be easily surprised.

But this girl, she keeps surprising me.

It's a new sensation, having such excitement in my life after so long facing nothing but paperwork, an expectant father, and a whole world watching everything you do.

Not to mention the council.

Bur she... Of everything I'v been trained to be prepared for, this is the last thing I expected.

I plan a nice, clean prison break, getting everything from guard patrol time to weapons so she isn't defenseless when I get her out of there.

What I didn't plan for is a deadly hostile face and a blade held to my throat the moment I step into a shadow to disguise myself.

It takes a moment for a few things to click in my head.

1) she escaped on her own, and is now right here in from of me, only a few feet from the exit.

2) she is armed, and hostile.

3) she's hot. Don't blame me for it, anyone who didn't notice is either blind or dead.

Scratch that, the dead would rise from the grave.

She presses the blade into my skin slightly, whispering in my ear, "If you want to live, you are going to get me out of here and back to the world of the living."

The look in her eyes said determination, fearlessness, and a slight twinge of recognition.

"Now," she hisses.

On instinct I Bend our way out of the keep and into the surrounding forest.

Lucky she was also holding on to my shirt or she would have been lost in the Abyss. Not fun.

I look over my shoulder carefully ,avoiding the blade still at my neck.

She looks slightly pale and has the silvery eyes of the more powerful dead, but other than that, she could pass as human.

That is, unless she runs across Hunters.

Suddenly the blade hits the forest floor and she turns and hurls into a nearby bush.

Through her hurling, she says, "How... H-how did you d-... do that?"

"It's called Bending. You take both worlds, landscape and reality, that is, into focus at the same time, then separate your mind, or spirit, from your body,

and-"

"Never mind." she mutters, " Useless since I don't specialize in ghost walking."

I stare at her a moment, wondering where she had learned the term. Not many knew the ancient ways, excluding the daemons and angels of course.

Then I remember. She had escaped on her own. Managed to sneak up on me in shadow, my own element specialty. I study her closer.

The blade, resting on the forest floor as any notmal blade would, has a grey-ish purple tint, obviously taken from the sacred swords on the walls of the Memorial room. No use guarding them, they posses the user if they do not posses particular qualities...

This blade in particular... How could I not notice?

It's name is Derel 'ar Miren, meaning 'forged of death' .

Shadow Dancer.

That's it. Her uncanny fearlessness in life comes from her subconsciousness's awareness that she has Shadow Dancer blood in her, also explaining her lack of ghost walking ability and her extreme beauty.

Shadow Walkers are like sirens in the way they lure in their prey, but rarely ever need their immeasurable beauty due to their extreme stealth and lethal ability.

It even explains her high possibility of another life.

Shadow Dancers are made for vengeance, and she had been murdered.

A Shadow Dancer with blood vengeance.

And better yet, she is now undead.

An undead Shadow Dancer with blood vengeance.

And the devil's son just helped her escape.