Chapter 33: New Year's

Comincia dall'inizio

You see, Chrissy's family has always had health problems. Her grandmother, on her mom's side, had had stage four Leukemia. Chris and Betty, her grandma, had been really close up until she passed away when we were ten. Chrissy was heartbroken. She locked herself up in her room and cried all the time. Whenever we tried to talk to her or comfort her, she'd scream at us and shun us away. I should've seen it coming with the way she had been acting. It was exactly the same way when Betty had died. It didn't even cross my mind and that alone makes me feel like crap. I was there for her back then, well I tried to be at least, and I should've connected the dots somehow.

I attempt to glue the fake eyelashes on my lash line for the third time and I groan in frustration.

Screw this.

I look at myself in the mirror, all dressed up for the New Years party in a gold sparkly crop top and black skater skirt and shake my head.

I change back into my track shorts and one of Mason's t shirts and head downstairs.

I look at the clock on the wall and reads 7:30. The party starts in an hour so I walk over to Mase's house bear foot and knock.

"Hey Prince- what's wrong?" He notices my outfit and frown on my face and pulls me inside, holding onto my hands.

"I can't go tonight."

"What, why?" His thumb rubs circles on my knuckles, raising goosebumps on my arms.

"Chrissy finally told me what's been going on." He gives me an encouraging head nod and I continue. "Her mom has cancer. Stage four breast cancer to be exact. I need to be there for her. I know it's New Years and we were supposed to spend it together but my best friend needs me right now. I hope you understand."

"Of course I understand princess. Do what you have to." I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and I smile. "Matter of fact, do you want me to join you. Help you guys out?"

"No, no. It's okay. You need to stay with your party. I've got it." I give him a reassuring smile and squeeze his hands, letting him know I was okay.

"No, I want to help. Besides, I can make a mean brownie." He shoots me a charming smirk and I giggle.

"Well since you said brownies..." I trail off.

"I'll make them right now."

"Are you sure because-"

"Yes princess. Now walk that cute little ass back across the street, I'll be over in an hour."

"Alright alright Mase." I roll my eyes playfully and reach up on my tip toes and kiss his perfect pink lips.

"Thank you." I mumble against his warm skin. I feel him smile against my lips.

"You're" he kisses my lips. "Welcome." He kisses me again and I push him away.

"Go bake Mase! You've got a hungry girlfriend and crying girl to feed!" I chuckle and he smirks.

"Yes. Of course princess." He mocks a bow and I go to walk back home when I remember something.

"Add chocolate chips to it too! Chrissy loves those!" I holler from the road and I hear him laugh.

"Is there any other way?" He yells back and I smile.

God, I love him.

***

True to his word, Mason abandon his party and came over an hour later with brownies in tow, smelling up the whole downstairs with chocolate.

"Smells heavenly." I said, sniffing obnoxiously. He rolls his eyes at me.

"Thanks, I try." He smirks and this time I roll my eyes.

"So Chrissy is upstairs in her room. I was thinking we could go to the game room and set up some comedies and play some pool and foose ball?" I suggest and he nods in agreement.

"Sounds like a good plan. But how do you plan on coaxing her out of her den?"

"Easy." Is all I reply with before ascending the stairs.

Once I reach her room, I barge in to see her on her laptop on the bed.

"Come here." I demand and she looks at me funny.

"What?"

"I need you to come into the game room."

"Why?" I mentally roll my eyes.

"Because I have chocolate in there and I didn't feel like bringing it to you?" I said with a not so sly smile. She gave me a skeptical look.

"Why would you come in here to tell me you have food in another room you were probably just in or plan on going to?"

"Just come on!" I groan and march over to her, pulling her up off the bed.

She makes a noise of protest but follows suit nonetheless. Once we reach the game room, I lock the door with Mason, Chrissy, and I inside and turn on the lights.

"What are you doing? Is there really any chocolate in here or did you just make it up?" She gives me a look of accusation.

"There's chocolate over on the couch where we will have a movie night!"

"You're joking right? Let me just go back to my room and wallow by myself."

"Not a chance, love. You're going to sit your little blonde self on this couch and get your mind off things. Jasmine didn't drag you out of bed for nothing." Wow, Mason can be pretty assertive. Nice to know...

She looks between the two of us and sighs.

"Alright, what are we watching?"

👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Hello Loves,

I've been MIA for over a month. I'm sorry! First it was writer's block, then it was school and exams. But now it's summer and I couldn't be more excited!

Tell me what you think!

Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Follow

Stay Beautiful,
Skye