Chapter 3

Johnny Cades POV

Pony and I have been together for a few months now and man it's been the best few months ever. No one know yet, and it's killing me. Soda may have realized that Pony and I were together but he never really asked, I think he saw us kiss once but Pony said he didn't say anything about it. The gang has been together these past weekends and Pony and I haven't been able to be with each other as often as we'd like but maybe one day the boys will find out and we won't have to hide it.

"Johnny."Pony whisper-yelled, and grabbed my arm pulling me off behind the group and giving me a quick peck on the lips before we continued back with the gang.

"Ponyboy, Johnny, y'all stay out here, Soda watch the boys, we'll be back in a second."Dally said before walking into Bucks place.

"Alright boys what's going on?"Soda questioned, we looked at him confused to what he was talking about.I grabbed Pony's jacket sleeve and Soda laughed."Y'all been awful close lately."

"Oh we're just close friends that's all."Ponyboy stammered out.

"Pony."I said quietly.

"What?"He replied confusedly.

"I know there's something, y'all can tell me it won't mean nothing."He put his hand on Ponyboys shoulder.

"Um."Pony swallowed his spit and looked up at Soda.The door flung opened and the boys came out.

"Let's go."Dally said and the boys followed him. Pony and I stayed in the back and held hands. His hands were rough but the tops were soft.

"I knew it."Soda said coming up behind us. We turned around and let go of each other."How about we go somewhere, we'll talk."Pony and I were nervous, we didn't know what was going to happen."I'm gonna take the boys down to the park, y'all are buzzed and probably going to get in trouble."He chucked. Soda took Pony and I down to the park not to far away from where we were.
All three of us sat at the fountain, Pony between me and Soda.

"So, you two?"He asked, Pony and I were hesitant but nodded a bit."That's cute, when we're y'all going to tell us?"He asked.

"We weren't." I said, putting my hand over Ponyboys.

"Why not?,no one would care."he told us.

"It's not legal Soda."I said quietly.

"To hell with that have the things we do ain't legal, we're greasers."Soda said loudly almost yelling.

"You're right, but we didn't know how the other guys would act."Pony said leaning on my shoulder, I smiled at his small gesture.

"I could tell them if y'all want."Soda offered.

"Let us think about it first, I mean we've only been together for a month or so."I said playing with Ponys greasy hair.

"Okay but if y'all don't work out you better put it behind because I won't be having that's whole thing, yall are part of our gang and I won't let some silly brake up get in the way of that."Soda said sternly, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon, I'm starting to really fall in love with Ponyboy.

"If we do, which I would hate but if that's time comes then we'll just put it behind us."Pony said holding my hand tighter.

"You two are cute together, y'all haven't done anything like more than holding hands right?"Soda asked looking at Pony.

"Nothing farther than making out."Pony said quietly, a blush forming across his face.

"Good, nothing farther than that until your sixteen Ponyboy."Soda ruffled Ponys hair."You guys can do things at home but try not to do things in public, some people get real mad."

"We really haven't done anything in public other than hold hands."I said looking over at Ponyboy.

"Good, I'm just watching out for you two." He smiled. We smiled back at him and I looked at Ponyboy and he looked back at me, his greenish-gray eyes were gorgeous, I loved the way he looked at me. I kissed him quickly, he just smiled and rested his forehead on mine.

"I'm glad we didn't go with Dally and the others, they're probably getting into big trouble right now."Soda said leaning on his hands.But Pony and I payed no attention we were busy that's looking at each other. There's nothing I rather look at then Ponyboy. He's handsome and I love everything about him. I doubt he feels the same way, but there probably something there.
I don't love him just yet, it's to soon for that. But I know he's great and the best boyfriend ever. Well he's the only person I've been with but still.

"You two come on, it's getting late."Soda said standing up.
Pony and I jumped up and started to walk out of the park.

"You got a light?"I asked Pony, he handed me his metal zippo lighter and I lit my cigarette, handing the lighter back after. He grabbed my hand, it's honestly the only way he shows affection, I know he likes me just doesn't seem to know how to show affection and honestly I have trouble too but I try my best.

I kissed his cheek and he gave me a small smile in return.

The rest of the walk home was just Soda talking to us about different things that are going on at work and stuff, but once we got home, no one was there, even Darry, they probably got into something and they were probably drunk, well Dally and Two-bit at least. The night was fairly normal, The rest of the gang eventually came back and went to their houses, I went back to mine as much as I didn't want to. Maybe if it's just the night it won't be so bad.