Chapter 1.

Pakhi was growing restless day by day. Virat was angry with the whole family as well as Sai. It was a nice chance to win Virat, but he was not even looking at her. His ignorance was too much for her. One night when she was going down to bring water she heard some screeching voice from Virat's room. She got worried, so she knocked on the door. Sai opened the door.

"Pakhi didi aap itni raat ko kya kar rahi hai?" Sai asked still not giving space to Pakhi to see inside the room. Frustrated, she pushed Sai and entered the room. She saw the two beds joined again. Is everything between them fine now? Did she lose again? No. She can't lose.

"Viraaat!! Ye kya hai? Ye bed to alag the na? Phir ek kaise ho gaye?" She asked virat who was sitting in the middle of the bed.

"Sai se galti se mere side paani gir gaya tha aur bed gila ho gaya isliye sai ne ye idea nikala." Virat answered irritated, and removing the arm support.

"Wo kya hai na mujhe chipkali se dar lagta isliye mai neeche nhi so sakti aur Virat sir ko mai neeche sone nhi dungi isliye humne bed join liya ab space jyada ho gayi. Dono log aaram se 'Ek dusre' ke sath so sakenge." Pakhi gaped as sai said ek dusre ke sath. Her eyes teared up. Sai came near her, and whispered in her ears. "Abhi toh bed jude hai jald hi dil bhi jud jayenge."

Pakhi was in tears. She put her hand on her mouth to stop her sobs. She looked at Virat but virat was busy with himself. He didn't even look up to see the two ladies talking.

"Pakhi didi aap jaiye hume sona hai." Sai pushed Pakhi out of the room and closed the door. She came near the bed ready to hover. Virat picked a pillow and kept in the middle. Now the space left was very little.

"Mujhe pata hai tum uncomfortable hogi so, ye pillow wall." He said, keeping another pillow.

"Virat sir, ek toh aap upar se udhar pani, phir ye pillows. 4 jan kaise soyenge ek bed par kisi ek ko toh jana hi hoga so ye pillows ko mai idhar rakhti hoon." She said mischievously keeping the pillow near the headboard. She jumped on her side. He was shocked so he kept sitting. When sai realised he was not moving she pulled him by his left hand and he landed near her.

"So jaiye." Sai said and closed her eyes. Unknowingly a smile formed on his lips. He had tried for so many months to remove the pillow wall and now she did by herself. Slowly, he too drifted in his sleep.

Here, Patralekha was again crying. Samrat was continuously asking her but she refused to tell him anything. Irritated by her behaviour, he went to sleep. That night poor Pakhi could not sleep and cried the whole night.

Next morning, Sai opened her eyes. She tried to stretch her arms but was blocked. She looked at her side and virat had spooned her. His hand was on her waist, his legs were on her legs and his head was on her shoulder. She smiled at how cute he looked like this. She prayed she could wake up daily like this. Brushing the hairs from his forehead with her free hand, she kissed him. Virat stirred in sleep and she laid back. He opened his eyes and looked at her. For a moment he just forgot everything.

Stretching a little he wished her with a smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Swami." Sai said flirtatiously and that brought Virat to his senses. He again made a stern face and stepped back.

Sai smiled and woke up and left for the bathroom to freshen up. Virat smiled at himself and rubbed his hair.

"Virat, you can't do this. You need to be stern. Don't melt." He reprimanded himself but little did he know his heart didn't want that.

Later that night, when Pakhi was coming back to her room after completing her chores, which she rarely does, she heard a thud from Virat's room. She peeked inside and saw Sai and Virat lying on the bed with Virat above Sai. They were so close to each other that her eyes again pooled up. She ran from there to her room and started crying. Again, Samrat came to console her, but she shooed him away.