Chapter 12 : Wedding bells

Start from the beginning

"What's it?" Preeti asked curiously.

"Guess?"

"Ice cream?" Preeti asked.

Vivaan chuckled. "Yes...That too your favorite one."

He made her sit down on the chair. He fed her the ice cream himself. Preeti was now full of emotions. Her brother had always cared for her dearly.

After he was gone she had become more responsible towards Vivaan and Vivaan had grown more affectionate of her.

After finishing her ice cream Preeti looked at her family adoringly. "I've got the best family in the world!!" She said engulfing all of them in a hug.

On the other side Akhil was handsomely dressed in his shervani. He looked like a Royal in this attire.

"Sahi lag rahe ho boss

"Sahi lag rahe ho boss." Jay said hugging him.
[Looking good]

"Thanks yaar." Akhil said.

"Come let's go down."

He took Akhil to the Mandap area. Everyone praised him but naturally as a sibling Riya had something else to say. "Hmm.. You look very handsome bhai, but I'm sure not more than my Bhabhs."

"Acha... Abhi se Bhabhi ke side haan?" Akhil said.
[So early on your sister in law's side?]
They all laughed and then the Priest requested for the bride.

Akhil looked towards the entrance when he felt Preeti's presence.
His heart skipped a beat when he saw the royal beauty in front of his eyes.
(Check the media section for the background music.)

Preeti was walking towards the Mandap with Vivaan, Vikram, Jatin and Jay holding the veil of flowers above her.

Akhil forwarded his hand towards Preeti to help her climb the stairs to the Mandap. They both seated in front of the holy fire.

"Looking Gorgeous Mrs. Agnhiotri!!" He whispered to her.
"You look handsome to Mr. Agnhiotri!" Preeti whispered back.

Then the Priest started the rituals. First was the Varmala, then kanyadan, then Akhil tied the nuptial thread around Preeti's neck and filled her hair partition with Vermilion.

While all the wedding rituals were taking place the bride's side and groom's side were completing their Jutaa Churai Rasam.
[Jutaa Churai Rasam: The bride's side try to steal the groom's wedding shoes only to be returned if he gives them money or gifts.]

Vansh, Ashish, Varun, Jay, Riya, Meera were trying their best to keep Akhil's  shoes away from Vivaan, Maira, Neharika, Richa, Jatin and Vikram.

The shoes were safely kept below a table covered with cloth by Vansh, but what he didn't see was that Richa had already noticed him.

She quickly made a move towards the table when Vansh left and got the shoes. She ran towards the bride's side and they all decided to hide the shoes in one of the upper rooms.