The doctor finally walked in, and Rhea calmed down slightly but she was still very on edge.

Ms. Hanson smiled at Rhea. "Hi, you must be Rhea. I'm Ms. Hanson and I've been informed that you wanted to do an ultrasound."

"Yes." Rhea nodded her head.

"When was your last checkup?" Ms. Hanson asked her, and Rhea felt somewhat sheepish at the question. "Oh, is this your first one?" Rhea nodded and Ms. Hanson gave her a reassuring smile. "That's fine, we'll just run a routine checkup."

Rhea nodded her head and Katherine patted her knee in comfort. "Okay, sounds good."

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias walked into the Compound with Kai and smiled at the sight of Klaus with Hope in the courtyard. The two had left to help Kol with bringing somethings into his apartment with Davina and now they were back.

"You know, I hate kids, but you have a cute one." Kai commented with a small smile. "Hope you're a better dad than mine."

Klaus chuckled and lifted Hope into his arms, placing her on his hips. "I would hope so."

"So, what's the plan for today?" Kai asked the two while sticking his hands into his pockets.

"I want to try and get Finn into his original body." Matthias confessed. "His ashes are in my room."

Kai nodded his head, "So you want to resurrect him?"

"It's better than him being locked in the pendant made of Freya's creation." Matthias shrugged. "Finn doesn't mind being in the pendant, but I would much rather him be here."

"Okay, where do we start?" Kai asked him.

Klaus and Matthias smiled at the heretic, since his arrival, whenever he wasn't with Rhea then he was trying to get to know Klaus and Matthias. He was relieved when they didn't judge him for killing his siblings, the twins admitted that it would be hypocritical of them given all they've done.

Kai has fit in almost perfectly with the twins, he's slowly showing his true colors and a side of him that only Rhea got to see. The side that wasn't power hungry and revolved around becoming the coven leader. Now he was the leader, making his father turn in his grave, and he was now able to live a life of his own while protecting the other prison worlds.

Klaus and Kai waited in his study while Matthias went to gather Finn's ashes, once he had them he paused at the doorway when he saw Klaus handing Hope over to Kai. Kai's eyes were wide, and he looked absolutely terrified as he held Hope the same way that Klaus was moments ago.

Klaus couldn't help but laugh, "Relax mate, she likes you."

"Children hate me." Kai told him nervously. "Like seriously, it's their thing to just start crying whenever I'm around."

Matthias quickly snapped a photo before laughing, prompting the two to look over at him. "Kai you look like she's going to stab you."

"She could!" Kai stressed but didn't look as if he was going to hand her away anytime soon. "She definitely could."

Klaus and Matthias laughed, this was definitely different, but it was a good different.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

"Alright, everything looks good so far." Rhea sighed in relief at that. "Let's just get you ready for the ultrasound now."

Rhea nodded her head and laid down, "I just lift my shirt right?"

"Yes, I'm going to apply a gel and we're just going to make sure it doesn't get on your clothes." Ms. Hanson told her softly. "Then I'll use the machine to show you your baby."

Rhea smiled and took a deep breath while Ms. Hanson put on gloves and grabbed the gel she needed. Rhea flinched slightly when the gel was applied but that was only due to the cool temperature of it.

Katherine gave Rhea's hand another reassuring squeeze like she had been doing all day for the heretic, not that she minded. She wouldn't admit it to Rhea's face, but she definitely missed being around Matthias and Rhea, more often than note. Living in the same apartment had become something she was used too, their constant presence was something she enjoyed and while they lived together, it wasn't just them.

"Alright, are you ready to see your little bundle of joy?" Ms. Hanson asked, and Rhea nodded.

Moving the screen so that they could all see, Ms. Hanson began to move the wand around. It didn't take very long for her to locate the baby and a large smile appeared on the two girls faces at the sound of the loud and strong heartbeat. Only the smiles fell when Ms. Hanson was frowning and moving the wand around some more.

"Is something wrong?" Rhea asked worriedly.

"No." Ms. Hanson told her as the realization crossed her face and she smiled at Rhea. "It would just appear that you're having twins."

"Say what now?"

surprise!

i definately wanted to make y'all think that Matthias was only having one kid, like nah, I want him to have twins and I am definately going to probably involve them in the Legacies plotline lol but we'll see.

are you guys shocked? excited? only want him to have one? well oof

till next time!

- m a r i e