5

Last night was difficult. I was able to calm the panic attack before it fully took over but the paranoia never left. Dex came back to check on me around 9 and found me balled up on the couch crying. He stayed with me last night but had to leave around dawn and both him and Ax wouldn't stop messaging me this morning to make sure I was ok.

My anxiety always skyrockets when Ax isn't home with me. Reminds me too much of how we spent our time at our parent's house...

I sigh and lift myself out of bed. The house was a mess from Dex and I's impromptu hangout sesh and I needed to do some cleaning. Ryna's party wasn't until later this evening so I decided to keep my oversized Doctor Who tee and fuzzy booty shorts on while I rummaged through my drawer for a scrunchie to tie my waist length hair back and out of my way.

Grabbing my phone from the nightstand I clicked apple music and threw on my house cleaning playlist, moving to the living room to begin my day of chores.

Time passed by quickly after that; the house was almost completely clean now and I was so immersed in belching out the lyrics to It Wasn't Me by Shaggy that I hadn't heard the door close behind me. I was gyrating to the beat turning in time to catch Dex standing in my apartment, a look of amusement on his face as he watched what I was doing and then I had no time to stop myself before I caught sight of another head standing next to Dex's tall frame. I locked eyes with the bright green gaze and his delighted smirk.

Stopping dead in my tracks my voice trailed off as Shaggy went on to talk about every place he was caught screwing the girl next door. I was too confused to stop the music right away.

The beat of the song trailed off and it brought me back to where I was; reaching in my pocket I retrieved my phone and hit pause on the playlist before the next tune could kick in. Dex and Wolf stood staring at me from their place in the kitchen just behind where I had been as I looked up at them from under my lashes.

"Dexy, what's he doing here? You know him?"

"Sorry Princess, I figured I might need extra hands tonight since its gonna be a pretty big party. This is Wolf Hendric; he's my MC's president. I was actually surprised he volunteered to help out when I mentioned the party, he usually sends a patch member to assist on these runs but I'm thankful for your help tonight man."

"Don't mention it, I'm a sucker for a good party." 

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom real quick, why don't you go get ready Princess then we'll head out."

Dex disappears around the corner and as soon as he's out of sight I stalk over to the unwelcome guest currently standing in my kitchen. My anger getting the better of me, I'm about to pull him down by his collar again but his next question gives me pause.

"Sky, are you in a relationship with Dex?"

I stare up at Wolf dumbfounded. Where did that come from? Wolf green eyes were staring down at me expectantly, his jaw is clenched as he waited for my response.

He was clearly ticked off by the prospect and it made me want to play with him a bit. Grinning, I batted my eyelashes up at him innocently and asked "Now why would that matter, Puppy? You think you can just waltz into my apartment and question who I'm choosing to sleep with?" Pressing my palm against his chest I scowled, pushing Wolf backwards until his back hit the island countertop, then leaning into his frame I continued "Shame you're still acting like a possessive prick, I thought I taught you better the other night. I choose who I fuck, and I have no interest in fucking a bad little puppy dog who thinks I owe him something just because he followed me home."

I kept my palm pressed against Wolf's chest, trying to ignore the flow of excitement I felt from being so close to him. His familiar scent of Honeysuckle-mix wafting through the air between us and making me a bit light headed. Wolf's gaze never left mine the whole time I berated him, his eyes filled with lust and curiosity and the tenseness in his jaw eased as I spoke. His heartbeat was rapid under my hand which didn't make any sense to me. He's a motorcycle club president who I'm certain has dealt with far more intense showdowns so why is his pulse spiking here? Before I could question him about it he spoke.

"Of course beautiful, I never expected anything in return for helping out tonight. I overheard Dex mention needing an extra hand keeping an eye on a Skylar tonight and since I had seen him with you the other night I was hoping it was the same Sky I had met. I'm pleased to say you're even more breathtaking now than you had been at the club; I'm loving the shirt look."

My body automatically jumps away from where it had been against Wolf's body. I had forgotten I wasn't dressed yet and had still been in my PJ's when they walked in. My cheeks heat up as I take in the fact that I was dressed in a worn out old t-shirt and Wolf was in a loose grey t-shirt, black leather jacket, ripped black skinny jeans, and combat boots that almost matched the pair that Dex always wore. His silky hair had been pulled back at the top into a half bun on his head and with the hair out of the way I could see an industrial piercing peeking out from his right ear making me wonder if he had any other piercings? 

Shaking my head, I refocused on the man in front of me allowing myself to take in the full brunt of Wolf's intense presence. He leaned back against the counter, this time nonchalantly since my body wasn't forcing his back. His hands moved to rest in his pockets and my gaze followed the movement, catching sight of something I was surprised took me so long to notice. Wolf was supporting one hell of a hard on right now.

The blush in my cheeks deepened and I could see Wolf's well, wolfish smirk out of the corner of my eye. I was clearly ogling his junk but I mean come on, from what I saw he was very well endowed. My heart rate began to pick up again and I looked back up to meet Wolf's gaze, not able to help the slight clench of my thighs as the blood flowed straight to my core. Wolf's grin fell slightly as he took in the slight movement and then I did the only thing I could think to before I caved and gave into my desire. I turned around and fled to my room to get ready, leaving Wolf still standing in the kitchen with his stiffy.

I hadn't made it fully into my room before I heard his voice call out to me, this time it was thick with need. 

"Skylar, I'm glad I got to see you again."