𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

Start from the beginning

"She doesn't or didn't. I don't know. You kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop."

"Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that," Klaus concludes.

"Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it."

"And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long."

"And what about my sister?" Katherine asks, "you're just gonna let her roam free?"

Klaus cocks his head at her, "yes, Katerina. I am. Because my reasons for searching for our dear Audrina were completely different from my reasons for searching for you."

"So you won't hurt her?"

"I wouldn't dream of it. But," he says which causes Katherine to perk up. He takes a single-blade pocketknife from his pocket, opens it, and holds it before Katherine. "I want you to take this knife...And stab yourself."

She listens, takes the knife, and stabs her thigh.

"Now take it out," he instructs and she does so, so her wound heals.

"Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored, switch legs."

"Where are you going?" she asks him.

"I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious doppelgänger and hopefully earn a dance with my beautiful Audrina," he leans forward and kisses her on her forehead. "Oh, don't look so glum, Katerina. The fun is just beginning. Again," he adds as he walks out the door.

~

It's the 60s decade dance and everyone's dancing.

Klaus dances his way through the crowd and heads over to Dana and her date.

"Nice outfit, Mr. Saltzman," Dana comments, "Totally far out."

"Thank you, Dana," Klaus in Alaric's body replies. "Thank you. Now, who is your date?"

"It's Chad, Mr. Saltzman, from third period," her dates answers.

He nods as if remembering, "Chad, of course. How would you and your friends like to earn a little extra credit?"

Chad smiles and looks eager to help out.

~

Bonnie has just embraced Jeremy outside of the dance when she sees Damon.

"Damon," she states.

"Evenin'," he responds.

Just then, Audrina walks up to them and Bonnie looks at her curiously saying, "Elena?"

"Close but not close enough," she smiles in amusement, "I don't think we've met, have we? You're Bonnie Bennett."

"And you are...?"

"You haven't heard of me?" she pouts, "thought I was at least worth mentioning," she says, looking at Damon.

"Damon, is this another doppelgänger!?" Bonnie almost shouts, "why haven't you told me? Oh my God!"

"She's not just another doppelgänger," Damon drawls, "this is Audrey."

Her eyes widen and her eyebrows raise in shock, "Audrey? As in Katherine's dead twin sister?"

"Ding ding ding," Audrina hums in delight, "so you have heard of me, great!"

Elena and Stefan walk up to all of them, and the moment Audrina senses him, she tenses and moves out of the way, stepping next to Damon.