Chapter 1: New Beginnings

I wake up, rubbing my eyes, the bright sun shining on me through the blinds. I turn over in bed not wanting to wake up. "First day of public school.." I groan as I slowly get out of bed. I enter my bathroom and brush my teeth. I stare into the mirror as my heart races in worry and excitement, I breath heavy as I think of it. My first day in school, a actual public school where there are teachers and students. I've been homeschooled all my life by my mom every since my parents divorced. We used to live in Germany but my mom got a job in Japan and moved in with my aunt. My aunt has been in Japan for a couple of years now, she's fluent in Japanese and found a great job that she can do from home.  My dad, well after my parents divorced he moved to Canada and got a job in the government. Father wasn't home that often so I didn't know him that well. I catch myself zoning out, I put down my tooth brush and go to my closet. I put on my beautiful uniform and brush my hair.

I put on shiny, black shoes and take a deep breath in.  I open my door and nearly trip as I walk down the stairs. I walk swiftly and confidently to the kitchen to see my aunt holding a stack of apple pancakes. I take a few and put some syrup and butter on it. I eat the pancakes quickly and thank my aunt for making them for me.  I collect my school books and my drawing notebooks and slide them into my bag. I check to make sure I have everything and I walk out the door. I start walking to the new school at a average pace. As I cross the road I think about the new school and making friends. Im not from Japan , I'm from Germany and i'm going to a Japanese school. I mean, it's not like there's anything wrong with that just I won't fit in as well. I wonder if there is any other foreign students!

I've never been to a real school before, I used to be homeschooled by my mother when father went to work to provide for the family. I've never really had any friends I usually stayed home. But now I'll make friends, have a reputation, have social interactions. I'm scared, but excited, i'm  worried i'll make a bad reputation or have no friends. I hope that people like me, I wanna make the best first impression! I lose track of time and notice that i'm already in front of the school gates, I walk in and step by step making my way to the school. I reach the door, I take a deep breath and take a step inside the school, which is a decision that would change my life forever.

I walk in and there are rows of lockers, I check my post it note which states my locker number, I search for it for a bit and then I find it. I change into my school shoes and lay my home schools in a section that holds shoes. Then I walk into the hallways of the school, my heart races with both anxiety and excitement, I walk through the halls exploring each classroom door. I check my pocket watch and realize that class starts soon. I look for my classroom, I roam the halls looking for it, the numbers on the door finally match my post it note. I open the door and see most of the students already arrived. One has fiery, orange, sparky hair and large glasses. One girl has beautiful, smooth purple hair tied in some sort of loopy bun. The teacher isn't here yet, and a few people stare at me. "Who are you?" one student asks me. Another says "Are you lost?" the teacher enters in at that moment. " Hello class, we have a new student. Would you like to introduce yourself?" He looks at me, my heart races and I start to breath heavily. I don't like talking in front of many people, they all wait on me. All eyes are on me, I try to mask my anxiety and step up in front of the class. My name is Amaya Weyer, that's all I have to tell them. My name.. "Hello, everyone! My name is Iris Rosemary! I am from Germany, I hope we can all be great friends!" I smile at the class, some people smile back, none seem to notice the anxiety in my eyes. "Please take a seat over there." The teacher pointed to a empty desk, with another empty desk next to it. I take a seat and the teacher begins a english lesson. But just then a girl with white hair and green dyed tips enters the room.