1x05: Moo Shu to Go

"What in Edom is happening in here?" Melanie shouted as she walked into the training room

The next morning, Melanie was woken up to loud voices that were coming from the corridor. She groaned as she rolled over; the voices began to grow louder and louder as they moved down the corridor.

 She opened her eyes, only to find herself alone in the bed.

The blonde quickly got out of bed and dressed. She followed the voices, only to find the red-headed girl and her husband arguing with one another.

"Finally!" Clary shouted. "Melanie, talk some sense into your idiot husband." She spoke, outraged and annoyed at the oldest Lightwood.

Melanie frowned and turned to look at her husband, who was glaring at the red-head and the blonde Wayland boy. She didn't know what had happened, but she knew that whatever it was, it had annoyed Alec.

"First of all, calm down." Melanie spoke, looking from Alec and Scott, to Jace and Clary. "Now, tell me what happened to cause this kind of reaction from you all."

"Clary's necklace, the purple stone, it's a portal shard." Jace explained.

Alec rolled his eyes, before glaring at his Parabatai. "And Valentine spoke to her though it."

The blonde's eyes widened in surprise and shock. She couldn't believe what her husband had just said; she moved her eyes to look at the red-head who was looking down at the training room floor before the blonde looked at her husband.

"Here?" She asked, with wide eyes. "In the Institute?"

Scott hummed, nodding his head. "He offered an exchange; Jocelyn for the Cup. Clary saw her with him, unconscious, but couldn't identify where they were because she didn't look."

"That's not the point, Scott." Jace rolled his eyes, irritated. "We can use that necklace to get to Valentine. We have a chance to actually find out where he is and get him, once and for all. But Alec, here, is being stubborn."

"We can save my mother the same we saved Simon from the Vampires." Clary added, acting as though she knew everything.

"Vampires are bored, decadent and could flatly care less. Valentine is a real threat, not only to the Institute but to the whole of the downworlders." Alec shot back, growing tired of Clary's whining.

Jace took a step forward to stand in front of Alec, who just stood straighter as he got ready for the fight with his Parabatai. Melanie could see her husband becoming tense and quickly intervened before it got any worse.

"Alright look." She spoke, moving between the two of them. "If Valentine really spoke to Clary though the necklace, then Alec was right to lock it away."

"Melanie, what..." Clary interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"Portals work both way. If you saw Valentine, then he saw you. And I'd rather that necklace be locked away so Valentine can't see anything else; like, oh, I don't know, the weapons we have, or the number of allies that are around." She shook her head, looking around the room. "If you want to find Valentine, then find another way." She ordered to Clary and the Wayland boy.