Chapter 20 - iM FrrreEeEeEeEE!

Start from the beginning

As I walked, I felt something hit my head. I automatically thought it was a bird and it took a nice shit in my hair. "Are birds even out this late?" I thought and looked up. This time I got hit in my eye. "Oh, it's raining." I kept walking and the rain slowly started to pick up. "Shit!" I was now running to find some sort of shelter. "Of course it would start to rain." I let out a deep frustrated sigh as I stood underneath one of those bus stop things. "I'm glad this was somewhat close by." I stood there thinking about what I was going to do next.

I started humming a song to myself as I watch the rain start pouring hard. "Don't know why I'm thinking of that Dusty Locane song all of a sudden." I then let out a laugh. "I don't even get caught in the rain like this always."

(I wanted to punch myself in the throat for what I just said.)

Across from the bus stop, a figure inside a black car saw me standing at where I was. The person inside the car had just came back from checking into some things they heard about a certain group they were keeping tabs on. "Huh?" The person got out of their car with an umbrella in their hands, opening it. They had plan on confirming that the person they saw at the bus stop was in fact who they thought it was. "Why is she here?"

Back at the bus stop, I could see someone walking towards me. "Uh oh." I got ready to run. I didn't know who this was and I did not plan on sticking around to find out. "If it's one of them, then damn they work fast" I thought as I stepped back out into the rain and started to run.

"Hey, Cristal!"

The sound of this person's voice stopped me in my tracks. Whoever this was sounded familiar to me. "Where have I heard his voice before?" I thought as I slowly turned around. "See, (Y/n), this is how you get your ass killed" I mentally yelled at myself as I waited for the person to come over to me. Once closer, I was able to identify who it was. "Kazutora?" He held his umbrella over my head. "Why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

He just stared at me and I looked away. "Well, I uh..." How the hell do I explain my situation to him?! It's not like I can be like 'oh, I just ran away from Bonten and now I'm trying to find a place to hide.' That is not something you can say casually to anyone. "I was uh taking a midnight stroll."

"At 6 in the morning?"

"It's been two hours already?" I thought when I heard him tell me the time. "Yeah."

Kazutora could tell I was obviously lying to him, but he didn't care. Whatever I was hiding had nothing to do with him. Also it's not like the two of us were close or anything. "So you want a ride back to your place or something?" he offered.

"About that..." I thought that going back to Satori's apartment was not the smart move here. I could have Kazutora dropped me off at some hotel/inn but I would need money. "I don't really have a place to go."

"You don't?"

"Yeah." He stared down at me and I stared back. "Isn't this the part where you tell me I can come over to your place?"

"This isn't one of those mangas Chifuyu reads."

"Damn."

The rain was still pouring and at this point Kazutora was getting soaked because he gave me his umbrella. He let out a sigh. "I guess I can let you stay with me for awhile."

"You don't sound all that happy about it" I thought as I tried to hand him his umbrella back. "It's okay, I'll come up with something."

He didn't take the umbrella and just ended up grabbing my hand instead. "Just come on." He lead me across the street and towards his car. He then let go of my hand and walked over to the driver's side, unlocking the doors and getting in.