ii - Embrace the warmth

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I see, well, she'll be out for an hour. Why don't you play with fireworks to pass time? I have a box of 'em just around the corner." He suggests, hands both on his hips in confidence, unaware of your fear.

Stuck in a conversation when an adult wants you to do something that you don't want to carry out but you're too afraid to reject their idea?

You've been through so many similar situations before but for some reason, you still don't have the heart to tell them no even if the task seems unbearable to you.

"I..." You stalled, your voice shrinking by the second as you were still unsure of your decision.

And as if your silent prayer had reached the God of Inazuma, someone cuts off the conversation with their euphonious voice and a sneaky hand landing on your shoulder.

"Actually, Pa, she's not that great at handling fireworks so, I'll just be taking her with me."

Your pupils dilate at the sound of the well-known pyrotechnician.

Yoimiya Naganohara was here and suddenly, everything felt alright.

"Ah! My little girl, I thought you were still busy. How did you come back so quickly? Did you forget something?" Ryuunosuke wonders as he eyes the box that Yoimiya was in possession of.

"I checked my notes again and it says that my last delivery is still scheduled for tomorrow so..." She trails off while placing the cart filled with explosives back inside the shop, her figure promptly disappearing and then reappearing. "Since [Name]'s already here, it wouldn't hurt to spend more time with her, right?"

Yoimiya makes her way back to stand beside you with her usual smile, now with nothing attached to her hand but your arm.

"Of course." Her father agrees, nodding. "Just come back alive and well, okay?"

"Will do! See ya, pops!"

"He lets you off so easily." You mumble as you let your friend drag you away from Naganohara Fireworks.

It may not be possible for your parents to be in tune with Yoimiya's father.

With an authoritarian parent, it was a miracle that you managed to even travel here without one of your relatives accompanying you.

You and Yoimiya are somewhat different.

"He's always like that, saying that I should avoid being at home a lot because I would miss exciting escapades and once-in-a-lifetime events." She steals a glance at your expression-which turned out to look unheeding, so she tightens her grip around your arm. "And he was right. I wouldn't have met you if I was staying at my house all the time."

"I suppose you're both correct." You smile.

"I'm sorry about what pops did though. I forgot to tell him about your preferences."

"It's fine. He doesn't have to know."

"Oh, but he has to. Don't worry, I'll take care of it." She stops in her tracks to hear the mellow sound of rain that was now slowly approaching where the two of you were standing. "I completely forgot that it was going to rain today!"

The guesthouse that you were staying in was still quite far so you took the lead by grabbing her hand and running towards the destination as you and your friend laugh under the rainy afternoon.

As soon as you arrived, you grabbed a clean towel and began wiping Yoimiya's head with it as she continued to chuckle.

"We don't want you catching a cold, now." You smile at her, continuing what you were doing and completely forgetting about your own needs.