26 | Chain Reaction

Start from the beginning

Ok manager mode on. GO! GO! GO!

You rushed over to Osamu, "Where does it hurt? Can you stand?"

"I'm fine." He mumbled, rejecting your assistance but you helped him up anyway.

"There's a nurse room here, I'll take you." You told him, putting one of his arms around your shoulder when he struggled stepping on his left foot.

"Take me too" moaned Atsumu sorrowfully, slowly trailing behind.

"Really I'm fine I don't want your help." Osamu grumpily snapped.

"I said I'm taking you to the fucking nurse room, get over yourself."

Osamu shut up real quick, letting you guide him.

He was really starting to piss you off, keeping up his childish antics of ignoring you even though you didn't know what you did wrong.

He literally could not use both his legs but here he was trying to get away from you, saying he didn't need your help.

Like where did this bitch think he could go? If you let go he'd be hobbling with one foot like a fucking flamingo.

🍙

"Here, hold this up to your jaw." You handed an ice pack to Osamu.

"Where's mine." Atsumu glowered.

"You want an ice pack for your........ dick?"

"....yeah?"

"It might freeze and fall off." You deadpanned.

"On second thought, no thanks." Atsumu shuddered at the thought.

"Although Suna might need one for his face, take this to him." You ordered, getting another ice pack.

Atsumu sulkily got up taking the ice pack, leaving you and Osamu alone.

"Ok" you said clapping your hands together, "let me check your foot."

Osamu didn't say anything just sat on the sick bed, letting you do your thing.

"Tell me if anything hurts." You ordered, as you tenderly applied pressure around the injury.

"That hurts a bit." Osamu announced.

"Here?" You asked innocently, applying the pressure even harder smirking to yourself.

Osamu slightly stiffened but didn't say anything, just nodded.

"Ok well tell me if this hurts." You gently moved his foot in different motions until he told you what did and didn't hurt.

"Well, I diagnose you with a sprained ankle." You declared indignantly, proud of yourself.

"Thanks nurse y/n." Osamu let a smile slip at your act.

You smiled as well but he quickly hid it behind a blank face, reminding you of his cold attitude.

You panicked, realising you almost had the normal Osamu back briefly, so you did the one thing you could think of to not let him distance himself from you.

"Want some onigiri?"

"Where the hell did you pull that out from?" He questioned with surprise at your offer.

"Just shut up and let's eat." You blew off his question, leaving him no time to decline.

You both sat on the bed eating onigiri in what felt like a comfortable silence.

Though in your head you had many questions to ask Osamu, so you asked the one which weighed heaviest on your mind.

"Did I do something?" You asked, hoping to understand Osamu's actions as of late.

"No..." He slowly answered, making eye contact with a quick glance.

"Sorry it was just a thing. I guess I'm over it now." He continued, giving a vague explanation to you.

"Oh.. well whatever your thing is just don't do it again... besides we're still friends right?" You asked feeling like you needed the reassurance.

"Yeah friends." Osamu said distantly, feeling so far away from you.

You thought you'd be happy that Osamu had seemingly reconciled with you but something just didn't feel the same.

Osamu wasn't the same.