Chapter 11 - The Pack (unedited)

Okay so updates haven't been happening lately but I'm writing again so hopefully i will get a couple up. i do however have to prioritise my other book as i haven't updated that in ages.

-

-

-

-

-

-

I can hear their footsteps behind me, I laugh hysterically pounding down the hallway to the stairs. I sprint down the stairs and end up outside. The lawn is full of both wolves and people training to fight. As I'm walking through, dodging the occasional punch I smile and say hey to the people I know. Earlier in the week Lucas introduced me to the entire pack. Not a fun experience I can tell you, it was not fun at all.

He had told me he was going to have to introduce me as I am the Luna of their pack now but id always thought he would so it in a couple of weeks once id settled in. Instead, one morning while I was having breakfast he suddenly decided that we were going to 'go out'. I had assumed that Lucas meant going somewhere other than the house so I went and got dressed nicely (Nick and Tom had gone shopping with some of the female members of the pack and bought me some clothes). Once I was ready I leapt down the stairs and almost ran out of the door. To my complete and utter shock, the ENTIRE pack was assembled on the grass, there were families, fighters and mates. They were in order of hierarchy, Nick, Tom and Chris were at the front. Behind them I could see a few wolves who had helped chase Jake.

"Everyone, this is my mate, Katherine. Please make her feel welcome." One by one, each pack member came towards us and welcomed me in their own way. As few brought gifts like jewellery, others just said 'welcome, however one stood out to me. A young girl, with large green eyes, very solemly asked me whether I had killed my parents. I stood there shocked, I couldn't move, Lucas stiffened and glared at Tom.

"Thomas! I thought you had said she was fine to come out today?" He spoke quietly so not everyone would hear but you could tell he wanted to shout.

"I...I'm sorry Lucas, I thought she was fine." He looked so apologetic as he took the young girl away back to the house. The rest of the day went uneventfully, we had a big pack barbeque and two people in the kitchen just kept bringing out more and more food. I ate until I was completely stuffed but they still kept bringing out food. The youngsters were wolfing (pun not intended) down their food as though they would never see any food again.

I run past all the pack members and go into the outskirts of the woods. I don't dare go too far in as I'm still scared of the Jack incident. I feel like I shouldn't be scared because I've experienced many things like that before, but I just am so terrified that something is going to pop out behind a tree. I slow to a leisurely stroll, gazing absentmindedly at all the trees. I think I can name a few of them. Suddenly a twig snaps and I feel hot breath on the back of my neck. I jump and let out the girliest squeal. I feel two, strong arms wrap around my waist as Lucas whispers in my ear,

"Got you." I laugh in reply as he nuzzles my neck.

"Yep! You got me. Now what are you going to with me?" I say cheekily, planting a kiss on his hands. He spins me around so I'm facing him,

"This."

-

-

-

-

-

-

So...hope you liked it. I had to update this as someone (you know who you are) was demanding it. Enjoy!!