16

AN: Becky's hair, makeup, and outfit for the party^^^

BECKY POV

"How does this look?"

"Hmmm, a ver. Da un vuelta,"
("Hmmm, let me see. Do a spin,")

I let out a huff and rolled my eyes at my brown-eyed best friend. "Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yup, now go." Nia twirled a finger. "Spin for me."

Sending a glare her way, I spun for her. Once. And excruciatingly slow. "So, what do you think?"

The girl brought a tanned hand up her face and rubbed her chin as she examined how I looked. "I think," She stood up. "Someone," She started walking around me, like a shark circling its prey. If she felt my annoyed gaze on her, she sure didn't show it. "is putting too much effort into her looks tonight," she teased.

My nose scrunched at her response. Putting an effort into her looks tonight? What is she talking about? "De ques estas hablando?" I asked as I sat in my vanity. ("What are you talking about?")

"No te haggas pendeja," she deadpanned, making eye contact through the mirror. ("Don't act dumb,")

"We always go all out for Halloween. It's your favorite holiday and your birthday." I reasoned, making sure my fangs weren't out of place.
I had decided to dress up like a vampire this year. Clique, I know. But I'd been so busy trying to make up more lies and excuses for not visiting my dad, I completely forgot about my costume. I didn't want to face my grandmother, so I avoided her, her house, and everyone that lived there.

Not one of my best ideas.

I know. But I'm not ready to see her yet. So I'm going to avoid her.

Besides, there's not much you can work with when the majority of your clothes are black. And if I was gonna wear a basic outfit on Halloween, I had to at least have cool makeup.

"Last year, you dressed up like Luke,"

"So?"

"So? Last year you looked like a homeless man for Halloween, I mean you even had a fake beard and everything! And this year, you're in a dress and have a full face of makeup!" Nia groaned, running a hand through her now blonde locks.

Nia had dressed up like one of her favorite horror movie characters, Tiffany Valentine. She'd spent weeks trying to find the perfect white dress to go with her black leather jacket. And to honestly , all the searching had been worth it.

Her dress had a sweetheart neckline, accentuating her breasts. Its flared skirt emphasized her hips, making her waist seem smaller. The bleach blonde wig we had chosen made a great contrast to her caramel skin, and the purple hue of her eyeshadow made her brown eyes pop. And to top it all off we drew the infamous Chucky heart tattoo above her right boob.

My best friend looked good.

"Hey, it's not every day my best friend turns seventeen," I sang, coating my words in sugary sweetness, hoping she wouldn't get any more suspicious. I could not ruin Tristan's surprise after we'd planned it for months.

Nia eyed me as she processed what I had said. She opened her mouth before she shut it again as if hesitating about what she was going to say next. "Are you sure it has nothing to do with the nephew of a certain diner owner?"

My back stiffened as the words left her mouth.

I had only told Nia about what had happened in the diner last week. Mostly because I wasn't sure if I imagined it or if it had actually happened.
I mean it felt like he wanted to kiss me. But he couldn't of. We're just friends.