"Can I help you?" I asked in a polite tone, but my brows were raised in a way that didn't suggest friendliness.

"Name's Luke. I'm kinda shocked because I feel like I've seen you before... Or maybe that's because you were in my dreams last night." His smirk grew wider and this time he made sure to add a drunken, disturbing wink. The smell of breathy liquor hit my nose as hard as a bulldozer.

That was my cue to leave. I stood from the side of the pool and grabbed my heels on the way up. "Yeah, no thanks, Chachi." With a playful roll of the eyes, I proceeded to walk away, but I quickly gasped once I felt a strong hand grip onto my wrist and yank me backwards. A sense of fear immediately grew in my eyes and throughout my veins as I was now face to face with Luke again, except this time he wasn't as "flirty" as before.

"You're not going anywhere," the blond rasped through gritted teeth. "Except with me."

I felt my heart began to beat out of my chest, yet there was no way I was going to stand down to that drunk, horny creep. "Get. Off of me."

"What did you just say?"

"I said, GET OFF OF ME!" I shouted as I tried my hardest to pull away, sending a hefty kick to his shin. He growled in pain, but it only seemed to make his grip on my wrist become tighter. Ugh, if only Keisha hadn't decided to stay at the dorm. There was nothing I could do, and no one around seemed to be paying attention to what was going on. If I didn't get out of this somehow, I knew exactly what was going to happen and I couldn't live with the idea of that. My heart continued to race as I struggled with all my might to get away.. but then the sound of another guy's voice coming from the distance grabbed my attention.

"Hey, get off of her!"

The grip around my arm loosened some as Luke looked over to the voice's direction. Just when I did the same, I noticed two guys sprinting up to us. They looked slightly familiar— I'd probably crossed them on campus a couple times, but I did remember that they were always hanging out together anytime I saw them. Inseparable almost. Maybe romantic partners? Whoever they were, I was extremely grateful, and I really owed them. But something had to be done with that Luke guy.

Once the two friends reached us, I scanned them over. They definitely weren't buff guys, so I feared that neither of them would be able to win against the Monster that was Luke. One of them had very dark, slicked back hair with a mustache, sporting a black long-sleeve sweater that was tucked into his denim jeans, the cuffs rolled up to his ankles just enough to see the whites of his socks. The other was a brunet, his hair slightly parted on the side and combed back, wearing a black blazer with a white shirt tucked into his beige pants. The slightly taller guy folded his arms across his chest in distinct irritation, while the other narrowed his eyes with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Clearly they meant business right?

Luke still hadn't let go of me. In fact, it felt like he pulled me even closer as he gave an intimidating stance to the two boys who stood before us. "Aw look, it's Miami Lice."

The brunet rolled his eyes. "We don't have lice."

"Hey, that was ONE TIME in GRADE SCHOOL!" The guy with the mustache whined, pointing his finger at Luke. He leaned over to his friend and with a softer voice added, "And it wasn't lice, it was salt, I promise... I was just really curious about parasites at the time so I took a packet from the lunchroom and-"

"Oh. My. God." The other groaned in irritation. He then gestured in my direction. "Can we just, ya know.. focus on helping the pretty girl out right now?"

"Oh right, sorry..." He stepped up a little closer to Luke, but I could tell by the twitch of his mustache that he was extremely nervous. "L-Look, I don't wanna scare you or anything but... I know ker-rah-tay."